Old 10-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #21
My point was, that yes most of us would have done something to fix the situation, but in todays society you have to take it even if in "tongue and cheek" that not everyone will for one reason or another.

And for those who want to point fingers there will always be fingers pointed back.

As for the glass being half full or empty, everyone will look at if different. For me, I'm just happy to live in a county were I can have my own glass.......even if it is disposable.

2013 Ford F350 FX4 4x4 PSD
2013 Wildcat 353LS

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #22
When we had our first apartment, we used a clothesline. One time realized we had left our clothes out as a huge storm hit the area. Got home found our clothes in a basket and folded on the seat of our other car. The nice old lady next door had taken care of it for us even running it through the dryer. I got the idea then about how to be actively courteous. If I see an issue, I help. If I had smelled gas I would have turned it off and let the office know to call the owner in case the fridge is on gas instead of auto.
Beyond courtesy, safety of our neighbor is everyone's responsibility. I would hate to regret inaction.
Someone could have screwed around with it, likely a kid. Doesn't matter nearly as much as a safe outcome.
(As I type I realize the once in a while a fire fighter will be a pyromaniac as well. Who knows maybe the neighbor was looking for a thrill. Gas makes a heck of a boom! Wish I was just kidding.)

2011 PrimeTime Tracer 2600rls
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500, 6.0L 4.10:1 axle ratio
Nights camping 2014 - 17
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #23
At our campsite we look out for each other. As every camping neighbor should! I am not afraid of many things but propane bottles is one of them. But if that had been me smelling gas from my neighbors grill, I would have gone and shut if off! It would just be the right thing to do!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Jeanny is online now   Reply With Quote