Old 02-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #71
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

HOLY CRAP! Seven pages of posts. What you started!

Old 02-20-2015, 04:15 PM   #72
The Busted Wrench

Michigan. Four real seasons and fresh water for days. Sure we don't have any money but we design and build the best cars/trucks in the world here.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaCityBulldog View Post
Scratching the surface in Arkansas:

Petit Jean State Park is Arkansas's flagship state park (http://arkansasstateparks.com/parks/park.asp?id=1) and not very far from Little Rock.

All hookups are available and the bathrooms/showers are heated. The Seven Hollows Trail is one of the finest in the state. Only 4.5 miles long it is not a very demanding hike but the rock formations are spectacular for this part of the country. The formations include a natural bridge. Several other trails are also located within the park boundaries. Bear Cave Trail (1/4 mile) has a lot of nice rock formations

A wildfire swept through part of the park several years ago. You can still see some of the damage it caused:

http://www.scsc.k12.ar.us/2002ArkNat...llows_fire.htm

Mather Lodge at the park has a nice restaurant.

Trails at Petit Jean: http://www.petitjeanstatepark.com/hiking/default.asp

The state park overlooks the Arkansas River Valley. You will also be near Holla Bend National Wildlife Refuge ( http://southeast.fws.gov/HollaBend/ ) - A large concentration of wintering Bald Eagles call this refuge home during the winter months.

My home of Hot Springs is a National Park and you should plan to partake in the bath houses along with a massage. Hot Springs, Arkansas if you visit.

Hot Springs National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Style How Tos & Tips | eHow

Hot Springs is also the eastern boundary of Ouachita National Forest that stretches into Oklahoma:

http://www.southernregion.fs.fed.us/ouachita/

and, as you can imagine, the forest is full of trails, fishing, campsites and every outdoor activity you could think of.

State parks in the area;

Lake Ouachita http://arkansasstateparks.com/parks/park.asp?id=9
Lake Catherine http://arkansasstateparks.com/parks/park.asp?id=2
Lake DeGray http://arkansasstateparks.com/parks/park.asp?id=19

I personally find the best time to stay at the parks is between Labor Day and Memorial Day. I also recommend staying at any one of the 3 above state parks rather than Gulpha Gorge, the National Park campground. Since the 3 state parks listed are on large impoundments you'll have a very good chance to see wintering Bald Eagles.

Plenty of places to dine out as you would expect in a resort town. From fast food to 5 Star restaurants.

Arkansas Parks and Tourism Home Page:

Arkansas Tourism Official Site - Fun Affordable Family Vacations - State of Arkansas

Ouachita and Ozark mountains, national forests, national parks, an outstanding state park system, fishing, hunting, hiking, wildlife watching, history, thoroughbred racing, greyhound racing, Blues, Great River Road. Arkansas though probably not thought of as a vacation destination has a lot to offer and much more than I've mentioned.
I love the Arkansas post. If I live long enough, I see myself retiring in the Ouachita mountain area. The last time I drove through there I took this photo in the parking lot of the Cracker Barrel in Hot Springs just before heading North on HWY 7. I was on my Goldwing pulling a cargo trailer. They don't call it Luke Warm Springs.

Here in the Omaha area, our biggest attraction is the CWS and the Omaha Zoo IMHO. If I was pulling a RV I would pass right on by as neither are RV friendly. My favorite State Park is Two Rivers (West of Omaha). There are others but that's my favorite. HWY 2 West of Lincoln is very scenic so anyone passing by should consider that route. Pick it up in Grand Island and ride out to Alliance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110611.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	69974  
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #74

IDAHO-- I thot our idaho folks would weigh in by now.
Boise State Broncos-- but you can watch on TV
Mountains, lakes, and streams
We live in the Boise Natl Forest so we camp everyday

9.5 year old FR Cherokee 295 WP 32' toyhauler
2013 Ford F250 SD CC 4X4 4.30 gears
Tuned-- engine, music, and exhaust,
bpadamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #75

The best thing about West Virginia is that no one but us know we are here. Never crowded around our great trout streams, the best white water rafting, quiet lakes, fall colors that can't be beat, mountain biking at it's best and our "Wild and Wonderful" mountains". Take me Home Country Roads!!!!

PS. Don't tell anyone we are here
Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #76

TENNESSEE- 3 equal sections
West- Memphis-the zoo, Elvis,Blues
Middle-NASHVILLE- Zoo,music,downtown.Titans,Preds(hockey), Sounds(baseball),Country music
East- Pigeon Forge,Smokey Mountains,Bluegrass,Gatlinburg

MICHIGAN-the UP,Shore line, Beautiful parks ,Henry Ford Museum

bryanteddie0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #77

In Michigan we have our Upper Peninsular-priceless.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #78

Not from Wisconsin but everyone must go to the Oshkosh flyin at least once. You need at least 3 days so camp there with another 60,000 campers. It's the last week of July.

Thousands of incredible restored civilian planes, warbirds and "amateur" -built airplanes. The best aerobatic pilots anywhere.

Hint - camp at the far corner from the entrance and use the shuttle bus. It's not crowded there.

Anytime: spend the day at their museum, which includes a "Pioneer" airport with flying antiques.

Also, in New York, the Old Rhinebeck airplane museum, which flys their WW1 planes every Saturday during the summer.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #79
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
Not from Wisconsin but everyone must go to the Oshkosh flyin at least once. You need at least 3 days so camp there with another 60,000 campers. It's the last week of July.

Thousands of incredible restored civilian planes, warbirds and "amateur" -built airplanes. The best aerobatic pilots anywhere.

Hint - camp at the far corner from the entrance and use the shuttle bus. It's not crowded there.

Anytime: spend the day at their museum, which includes a "Pioneer" airport with flying antiques.

Also, in New York, the Old Rhinebeck airplane museum, which flys their WW1 planes every Saturday during the summer.
Right on regarding Oshkosh- it's the home of the Experimental Aircraft Association. A powerful and respected group of aviation enthusiasts that have contributed much to aviation.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #80
Love RVing

Our Home Oconee County South Carolina is "where to visit". Go to
to see a video of highlights. The New Electric City "Cat Bus" rides you free and connects to Clemson Area Transit for free shuttle. The video touches on Waterfalls, Lakes and Fishing. As I write Bass Masters is having a world class tournament on Lake Hartwell. We think Lake Keowee is tops. Camping available at County Parks, State Parks, Corps Parks, National Parks and Federal Parks within minutes. Golf Tennis and other stuff all around. Come on down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 Chevy Diesel Dually 2006 Cedar Creek.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	537.5 KB
ID:	69992