Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2016, 04:36 AM   #41

Not everyone knows what a doobie or what it's like to twist one up but God that made me laugh so hard

Anyway, my DW mentioned this exact same issue last weekend while we camped. She wanted to know what the blue lights were for since there seemed to be lots of sights that had them. Our Freedom Express has bright LED lights under awning at trailer. While they have a use we hardly ever turn them on. We like natural glow of campfire and we also use a lamp thing we found out junking. Made of chicken wire and uses a bulb that is old fashioned like Edison's light bulbs in then day but modern. It's really cool and lights not bright just natural. Just how I like it after a doob

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Coachmen 292BHDS
2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:20 AM   #42

We got rid of all outdoor led lighting outside. I hang a good old Coleman propane lantern off the awning. It gives us the good old camp light that we like. And it's adjustable!
2011 Puma 295kbh
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:54 AM   #43

Oops. Forgot about the led palm tree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150923_212515_LLS-1024x576.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	112121  
2011 Puma 295kbh
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #44

if your LED lights are set in a plastic U channel under the awning, it is easy to slip them out (just pull out of one end or the other) and replace the with another strip of your choice. Easiest to do with two people, one push the other pull...

The IR remote controller/power supply installs onto the original power wires near the LED strip close to the roof line. Try to use some plastic tape to seal the controller power plug from excess moisture.

I replaced my original bright cool white LED strip two summers ago with a set that put me back $50... but after two winters in FL, and a dozen summer/fall camping events, the replacement strip would light, but sections of the strip were dark.

My replacement choice I just installed a month ago was this strip of colored-dimmable LED lights with remote control for $10 delivered ( I use PayPal) was this from a Chinese direct seller...

5M 5050 RGB Waterproof 300 LED Strip Light 12V DC - US$9.59

Delivery takes about 20 days...

LED strip is nearly 16 feet, and is easily cut to shorten to correct length. This strip was nearly identical to the strip I purchased two years ago... but much cheaper.

I like to set the color to a dim golden glow which seems to deter the bugs at night a bit but still provide plenty ol light... for more festive events like a music festival you can strobe them and change colors... lots of choices. First pic is of the controller which is around 1.5" by 2". I spliced in a 12V power plug onto the original TT 12V power leads, which you see (black lead) at the top of the pic. The bottom wires are the IR remote lead, about 5" which just hangs and the power connection to the LED strip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	led04.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	112127  
Attached Images

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhodj View Post
Not everyone knows what a doobie or what it's like to twist one up but God that made me laugh so hard
I like it after a doob
I bet you put that light on your head and run in circles around the campsite after that doob? Well if not you would if you were twisting up the good stuff.

I am taking that hobby back up that I quit about 30 years ago when I retire. (Doobs, not campsite lighting)
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:28 PM   #46

This post is too funny, can't wait to get mine back from the dealer getting some minor fixes done, so I can complain about my blue lights and remember lighting a doobie.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1 View Post
This post is too funny, can't wait to get mine back from the dealer getting some minor fixes done, so I can complain about my blue lights and remember lighting a doobie.
Dig out your old black light posters, too. Worth a try. lol.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Dig out your old black light posters, too. Worth a try. lol.
None of it counts if he can't find his Lava Lamp/s.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #49

We have the blue ones above the slide inside,and under the awning.The outside ones look a little stupid because the strip is only 12' long but the awning is 21'.Why did they cheap out on 9' of lights? It would look a little beter if they at least centered them,but the strip starts at the front and ends at the door!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:38 AM   #50
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
My guess is it nothing more than a trend based on their presumptive ( WOTD) effect on humans.

From the experts online:
Blue is the colour of the mind and is essentially soothing; it affects us mentally, rather than the physical reaction we have to red. Strong blues will stimulate clear thought and lighter, soft blues will calm the mind and aid concentration. Consequently it is serene and mentally calming. It is the colour of clear communication. Blue objects do not appear to be as close to us as red ones. Time and again in research, blue is the world's favourite colour.
Flybob:
Now I understand why I am so relaxed under the awning when the blue lights are on haven retrieved an adult beverage from the refrigerator which also has blue lights.....isn't science great...can't wait for this evening.

Tags
light