Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #21

24 hour rule for anything parked in the street in Nebraska. My little town of 1100 doesn't get too worried up about it unless someone complains. There was a coffee that required concrete, from the curb, for anytime parked even on private property. After i spent $10K on a new driveway the code was changed to show parking on any "maintained " surface. That's very broad. I have no problem with trailers parked on the street for a day or two while prepping for a trip, but some folks take advantage of the rule by moving the trailer mere inches ever day or two... Like most things, commons sense and courtesy go a long ways. Sounds like you have both and should be fine in the long run.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #22
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

You don't say what small river town surrounded by the mighty Ohio you live in, The Ohio stretches from Pittsburgh to Cairo, Il. Be that as it may, parking large vehicles or trailers can impede EMS responders, cause traffic blindspots, and other safety issues, regardless of the estetic appeal. Not to mention the safety and security of your own boat, trailer, etc. Accidents do happen, and I wouldn't want my TT to be the victim of someone elses misfortune.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #23

Just my 2 cents I hate it when the rules (any town, or HOA) say you can't do something on your property. The street is another matter, but to keep the rules as they are I wound try to get as many people in your situation to speak out. If no one does then it will be assumed that there is no opposition to the new rule.

My neighbors may or may not hate me (No one has said anything) But I am currently down to 5 trailers, and six cars on our property. All are licensed.
The neighbors across the road were very vocal but mooved away. Someone may have invited them for dinner. ..... Nice to live where I do sometimes..............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote