Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #91
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
We just got home Sunday night from our 7-days on the road (which we do each month). Since I work from home...and my wife's work takes her 2 hours away...we've started taking our Columbus and living there one week of the month. Working from home is flexible becuase "Home" hs wherever my pillow is.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #92
I can't believe we're not camping this weekend, the first anniversary of our new TT purchase! But, we are leaving Thursday for a 4 day weekend at Belle Isle State Park in Lancaster Co., VA. This will be our first trip there. We have 2 more trips planned. One in Va Beach with our RV dealer for their annual fall campout and then a full week on the Outer Banks of NC. We are considering camping for Christmas this year, but it's so hard to decide if we want to take the risk with the weather. If the weather is like last year, it will be perfect!

sherri330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #93
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
We went a few hours south to Madras OR to dig up some thundereggs at Richardsons Ranch Resort...they opened the Priday beds so we decided to dig. We stayed at Lake Simtustus, a campground that only allows RVs. They had the cleanest bathrooms I have ever used outside of my house or 4 star hotel. Too tired to fish, we came back after digging and no surprise, after cleaning up decided we were too tired to cook dinner so had some evening coffee and dessert and went to bed! haha

The rock ranch had amazing geological views! We saw a large herd of bighorn sheep that live out there...babies dotted the mountainside. Hot but fun in the sun. A few smashed fingers (me, not DH) but between the 2 of us, we found 35 lbs of collectible eggs. I cant wait to open them up to see the quality!

We purposely planned a short trip this weekend, so we could be back and rested and enjoy a work free travels to those on the road on Monday.

The photos show our hard working A frame at the camp site, DH with some of the thundereggs he's uncovered, the typical views, whats a trip without comment on gas prices (these were in Oregon) and going home - we stopped at a roadside sale, looking for hidden treasure (instead found friendly people and good conversation)...sometimes that IS the treasure in travel!
you may need to find treasure to buy fuel @the price on the sign..
trell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #94
Site Team
Originally Posted by trell View Post
you may need to find treasure to buy fuel @the price on the sign..
Or win the lotto! Click image for larger version

Name:	gas  IMG01986-20120903-0841.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	19051

Passed this station and about two blocks later I paid $4.24 a gallon.

In the end RVing to me is still worth the cost of gas.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote