Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #81
Snowsail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Harbor Hills in Meredith, NH (Lake Winnepesaukee). BEAUTIFUL weather here!
Just went by there yesterday, on our way back from a 6 day stay at Bayleys campground in Scarborough, ME. Real nice place 1/2 mile from the sea.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #82

Only camping in my mind.... The remnants of hurricane Isaac are making this holiday a bit soggy.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc
Nowhere, gathering material to make a lighted flag holder for the pinbox on our 5ver. Will go sometime this week to Thousand Trails Forest Lake in Mocksville, NC for a few days.
Let me know how you like the camping. Only a couple hours from here.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #84

Where is Driftwood tx? We are from Santa Fe Tx about 18 mi north of Galveston. We have tried state parks that we have not been to before close to home this umber and have enjoyed them all. Bastrop, Lake Livingston, Goliad and Stephen F Austin and want to o to Matagorda which is a LCRA park.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #85

We are in Cluxewe campground, Port McNeil, North Vancouver Island, BC.

Found this place by accident, it is awsome and we would recommend it to anyone, http://www.cluxewe.com/html/kwakiutl_welcome.htm heading south to Port Alberni tommorow

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #86

We went a few hours south to Madras OR to dig up some thundereggs at Richardsons Ranch Resort...they opened the Priday beds so we decided to dig. We stayed at Lake Simtustus, a campground that only allows RVs. They had the cleanest bathrooms I have ever used outside of my house or 4 star hotel. Too tired to fish, we came back after digging and no surprise, after cleaning up decided we were too tired to cook dinner so had some evening coffee and dessert and went to bed! haha

The rock ranch had amazing geological views! We saw a large herd of bighorn sheep that live out there...babies dotted the mountainside. Hot but fun in the sun. A few smashed fingers (me, not DH) but between the 2 of us, we found 35 lbs of collectible eggs. I cant wait to open them up to see the quality!

We purposely planned a short trip this weekend, so we could be back and rested and enjoy a work free Monday...safe travels to those on the road on Monday.

The photos show our hard working A frame at the camp site, DH with some of the thundereggs he's uncovered, the typical views, whats a trip without comment on gas prices (these were in Oregon) and going home - we stopped at a roadside sale, looking for hidden treasure (instead found friendly people and good conversation)...sometimes that IS the treasure in travel!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-31 17.11.20-1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	19035   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-01 10.01.02.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	19036   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-01 13.23.38.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	19037   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-02 11.13.26-1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	19038   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-02 09.50.31.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	19039  

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
Where is Driftwood tx?
Southwest of Austin about 35 miles, up in the hills near Wimberley.

You aren't the only one who's never heard of Driftwood.... There's nothing here but one church, a post office, and a store that's closed.
tommyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #88
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
We went a few hours south to Madras OR to dig up some thundereggs at Richardsons Ranch Resort...they opened the Priday beds so we decided to dig. We stayed at Lake Simtustus, a campground that only allows RVs. They had the cleanest bathrooms I have ever used outside of my house or 4 star hotel. Too tired to fish, we came back after digging and no surprise, after cleaning up decided we were too tired to cook dinner so had some evening coffee and dessert and went to bed! haha

The rock ranch had amazing geological views! We saw a large herd of bighorn sheep that live out there...babies dotted the mountainside. Hot but fun in the sun. A few smashed fingers (me, not DH) but between the 2 of us, we found 35 lbs of collectible eggs. I cant wait to open them up to see the quality!

We purposely planned a short trip this weekend, so we could be back and rested and enjoy a work free Monday...safe travels to those on the road on Monday.

The photos show our hard working A frame at the camp site, DH with some of the thundereggs he's uncovered, the typical views, whats a trip without comment on gas prices (these were in Oregon) and going home - we stopped at a roadside sale, looking for hidden treasure (instead found friendly people and good conversation)...sometimes that IS the treasure in travel!
I'm in SoCal so those gas prices are looking pretty good to me. I just paid $4.27 a gallon.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #89

Yes, Terier - I agree...with Hawaii leading the nation in gas cost, California is a close 2nd...Washington state is 5th and Oregon 7th highest....go figure its the west coast. For that reason we really need to ensure we enjoy our time and holiday with the RV...stay-cations are here to stay! haha Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #90

Albert Sleeper State Park ..Our first visit very nice..Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0479.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	19041
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #91
"On the road again"

We just got home Sunday night from our 7-days on the road (which we do each month). Since I work from home...and my wife's work takes her 2 hours away...we've started taking our Columbus and living there one week of the month. Working from home is flexible becuase "Home" hs wherever my pillow is.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #92

I can't believe we're not camping this weekend, the first anniversary of our new TT purchase! But, we are leaving Thursday for a 4 day weekend at Belle Isle State Park in Lancaster Co., VA. This will be our first trip there. We have 2 more trips planned. One in Va Beach with our RV dealer for their annual fall campout and then a full week on the Outer Banks of NC. We are considering camping for Christmas this year, but it's so hard to decide if we want to take the risk with the weather. If the weather is like last year, it will be perfect!
sherri330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post

you may need to find treasure to buy fuel @the price on the sign..
trell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #94
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trell View Post
you may need to find treasure to buy fuel @the price on the sign..
Or win the lotto! Click image for larger version

Name:	gas  IMG01986-20120903-0841.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	19051

Passed this station and about two blocks later I paid $4.24 a gallon.

In the end RVing to me is still worth the cost of gas.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote