Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Would you like a Regional/State section or not
Regional section (East, West, Central, North, South, Canada....... 13 20.63%
State section (Each state that wants to have their own section, yes even the Canadians) 24 38.10%
Why bother? We like this place as it is. 20 31.75%
Don't think it will get used much. 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
CampeRooo

Where are you / FRF Decal Ideas

How about a section setup for individual states/territories where we can go and chat it up with other folks from our home state? Just a thought as i was curious about how many people from Colorado are on this forum (without doing an actual roll call).

thanks

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #2

hmmmm.

I've been on sites that have it and use it. I've also been on sites that have it and don't.

It's doable I'm just not sure if it would be well received here. I guess I could set up one of them poll thingys and see what the response would be.

now where is that dang poll clicky button?????
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Site Team

Well, I voted but it honestly doesn't matter. I'd just be interested how many are from the same state as I. Of course I'd also be interested in how many are from other places too.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #4

Greg,
Thanks for setting up the poll thingey!
This could actually be on of our more interesting polls.
Can't wait to see the results.
Nina

P.S. Where would all the Canuks fall in? Region? State?
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
CampeRooo

cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINA View Post
...Where would all the Canuks fall in? Region? State?
If this flys, I'd say with some help, we could probably break it down into Province/Territory. Shouldn't be too bad.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #6

Generally I've found the Canadians to be much further North than where I am. Although I did meet some nice folks from Onterio at Monahans State Park which is South of where I am but at the time where I was.

That being stated, what rthrbelsewhere mentioned could work as well.

BTW: I'm looking for a LARGE response in favor to any change/s before we would to make any. I don't want to set something up and then have it not used.

greg
Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
Avid outdoorsman

What about us Canadians?
dahmmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahmmer View Post
What about us Canadians?
fixed to add y'all eh
Old 03-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #9

Seems to me about 90% of the active users here are east of the Mississippi, I think us westerners would be mighty lonely if we had a separate group....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
CampeRooo

see if we can get some more responses from the community.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #11

I like hearing what everybody has to say about every thing. I already know a lot about my state but not much about other states.

I say leave it alone!

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #12

Keep 'er the same!

I'm a Canadian, but I like coming on here to see what everybody has to say
about everything to do with the camping experience. It's good to hear from everyone regardless of where they're from. Cheers!
gettmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #13
CampeRooo

The cool part of this idea would be that if you wanted to investigate other camping sites in the area youre in, say if you only have time to camp out close to home on a quick weekend, then you could hit your state/territory and see where others are camping out and what they have to say about it. Many of our camping trips are local unless we have a long weekend that we can go a little further. I know there's been some new camping areas that have gone up in the last couple of years around here and I would like to either post an experience or read about someone else's experience about it. It would be a good way to promote or demote areas that deserve such recognition.

The idea came about from a conversation that I had with a couple that we hang out with on the weekends and they keep tell us all about the extravagant places they've vacation at. I asked them about where in Colorado they've gone to on vacation and they tell me that they haven't at all. ??? I mention Grand Lake, they've never been there, Durango...not there either. Steamboat Springs...nope, Estes Park...nada. Now i'm not saying that Colorado is THE place to go because I know each state has something worth seeing. However, as others may agree, perhaps taking short vacations within the state could teach someone quite a bit about the area and not to mention the benefit of being able to entertain those family members that stop off at your doorstep and are looking for things to do.

I know that i don't know everything about Colorado, but I can at least make suggestions to visitors and residents alike and I would love to read their's all the same. I live so close to Wyoming and I would love to do some camping up there sometime. If we had this section to chose from, I could pop into the Wyoming section and see what folks have to say or I could post something about an experience I had there.

I have noticed that Forest River Forum has grown to be much more then a place to talk about just Forest River Products. There is a true sense of a community here and with all that I have read and learned so far, I would hope that more people would be interested in joining and adding in their two cents when it comes to helping out or mentioning new discoveries. But in order to grow within the site, there has to be something to draw the attention to it. Such as when someone "googles" a county park or state park and find something mentioned about it within this forum (which ironically is how I found it).

This idea was not meant to segregate anyone, but rather to try and draw more attention to the site. This could be a place where someone can learn how to clean out a 9 year old hot water tank or find out if they can upgrade their 13" tires to 14" without them rubbing. Then they can also research the local postings to find a location where they can take their kids fishing for the weekend that's within 50 miles of home, yet far enough away from the city traffic to be able to truely appreciate the great outdoors.

Cheers

Old 04-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #14

I like the Forum the way it is with everyone posting at random with all there ideas and solutions to problems no mater where they are from. Some people list there location and some don't and that's OK. Often when we are in a campground I look at the tags on vehicles and camper and wounder If they are apart of this Forum but there is no indication of that unless you get to talking to someone. I know a lot of people like to stay private especially on the inter net and that is understandable with the way the world is today. I like to meet people while camping and get together around a camp fire and have a few cold ones and talk about life experiences and play camping games. It would be a nice to list all members that are from the same State on a different page that would like to participate and I think that some would since they have listed there locations already. And now that I think about it, it's to bad that the Forest River forum doesn't have some kind of small sticker that a member could place next to the tag of there camper that indicates that they are a member of this Forum, it would be nice to meet all of you at some point in time.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
And now that I think about it, it's too bad that the Forest River forum doesn't have some kind of small sticker that a member could place next to the tag of there camper that indicates that they are a member of this Forum, it would be nice to meet all of you at some point in time.
Bumper Sticker.
Like this, maybe?

This is a sample of what could be made up.
Of course, something like this would have to be approved by the Forum Owner.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Bumper Sticker.
Like this, maybe?

milzat, you seem to be pretty quick at this, maybe design it like a TT or class "A" model.....And what are the colors of the Forum, is there any?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #17

I love this idea and lets get a design that we agree on and I will get them printed and supply them at cost for non contributing members and free to contributors.

Lets try to keep the desing simple to control the cost.

Examples of size and cost

http://www.4decals.com/category.php?cat=1&scat=1

I also like the idea of the states/provinces thing but I will think about an easy way to not make the area to large.

I always like to see a site that is built and grows with the members ideas and suggestions.

Its your site and I just try to keep it running smooth behind the scenes.

Thanks, Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Bumper Sticker.
Like this, maybe?

MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
Avid outdoorsman

As far as seperate forums go I don't think it matters one way or another. People will still cross post I am sure. I come on site and I always hit new posts and that is where I go . I do my chatting in these when I have something to contribute.
dahmmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #19

Old 04-14-2009, 05:14 AM   #20

Suggestion, depending on how the poll turns out and what the FRF does with it there may be a way to set it up. Lets say the poll favors just a state by state win, rather then creating a new list with the members and where they are from why not use the Members List as it is #1. use a number system next to each members name. The number would represent the state in which they come from. The numbers of course would start with #1-#50 and yes Canada needs to be included with a designated number. I think that the number system should be in chronological order according to History as to when each state became part of the Union. #2. A color code system. I know it is a lot of colors but it is just an Idea. By using the same Members list high light the bar where the members name is for each state. Now, if either one of these Ideas were used then a key would be needed.
For those members who have not posted where they are from, there number would be "0" next to there name as far as the number system go's and as far as color code the bar where there name is would be white....Just an Idea on utilizing the Members list as it is.