View Poll Results: Where do you store your RV
At home 118 64.48%
In a storage lot 40 21.86%
At a family or friends property 10 5.46%
Other (list in a reply) 15 8.20%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #31
We store ours at home - We have plenty of room on the side of the house.

BTW - We almost bought a house sometime ago, in an neighborhood with HOA......Glad we didn't - would have to deal those those uptight folks that almost tell you how to live your life....we are "Happy Campers" just where we are.

There are about 15 neighbors with TT/MH/5ers within a 2 block radius, we look out for each other!

2011 Wildwood 27BHSS
2007 Sub 5.3L 3:73
Hot DW
1 Princess & 2 Busy Boys
Ventura County, CA
Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #32

Just ain't gonna happen with me.......

aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #33
The Old Man
Originally Posted by Acara View Post
I usually win ... but it's a $150.00 fine from the HOA if I don't
What does the HOA covenant and bylaws, etc., actually say? If there's nothing in the C&Rs to prevent temporary loading and unloading, delivery trucks in the right of way, etc., then tell them to pound sand.

And then threaten to counter-sue if the HOA nazis don't back-off.

Another thing you can do if you're REALLY energetic and willing to goto war is go through the C&Rs with a fine-toothed comb and find all they ways these jerks are in violation themselves. With creative interpretation you could become quite the pest yourself.
2010 Flagstaff 829RGSS

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #34

It is a long and painful story. Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread with this issue.
Our CCRs clearly state that no RV, boat, utility trailer, etc shall be stored where it is visible from the street. I have no issue with that. The CCRs do not state anything about temporarily having an RV in your driveway for trip preparation or visitors. I was from 2008 till 2010 the board president. During that timeframe we, the then three members of the board made a decision following a query from a member that since there was no clear definition pertaining to visiting RVs that in our opinion a visitor with an RV would be allowed to stay up to two weeks. When that actually happened the neighborhood Nazi lost his cookies and started a covert campaign (never approached the board on his issue) which ended up with an expanded board of now five members and as you can guess all are part of clique with questionable purpose and history (all have been board members before). The CCRs are in process of being re-written by a committee of association members to clear up the ambiguity and other issues that make them basically unenforceable. We hope that the remainder of the association members (67) will think logically and not side with the clique because once the committee is done with the revisions we fully expect the board to change them to what they want. Again a long story that would make a reality show on television. IMHO HOAs do serve a purpose, but they have to be run ethically and with the best interests of all members in mind. It is this single person and his followers that are saying they do not want to see any RVs in the neighborhood at any time.

Enough on this subject. We will continue the fight.
2008 Flagstaff 831FKSS
1997 Ram 2500 4X4 360 Gasser
Wife Candice, two dogs
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #35
Right here... my parents MH is in my spot... grrr

which is back here

Deleted Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #36
Our TT is on a slab next to the house with electric and sewer next to the slab. Nice to flush tanks at home!

kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
Acara, glad you have a sense of humour about your situation. Dodgeman, fight the good fight.

Maybe I could teleport my neighbour from hell to somewhere w/ a HOA. His family has no consideration for the residents on the street. He thinks I'm a great neighbour, probably because I try to avoid him @ all costs & don't say anything about the junk strewn around. I don't think the next neighbour will be as forgiving. If not, they'll be worse pigs than the "neighbour everyone on the street despises".
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD w/ Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Husky W/D hitch
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini-Lite
Nights camped 2010: 21
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #38
I have mine in a covered storage lot with electricity about 35 minutes away. The plus is that it is close to interstate 84 so I can get on the highway and go.
"Midnight Pearl" - 2011 Berkshire 390 BH
Dbt803 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #39
I voted other because it wouldn't let me vote for two. Summer in my driveway and late fall , winter and spring in my daughters second driveway when they don't need to get the bass boat out.
new avatar of Dodge T V coming eventually
old guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 AM   #40
At my seasonal camp site.

macbwt is offline   Reply With Quote