Old 05-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #1

Where do you wash your TV/ travel trailer

Sounds stupid but I've seen campgrounds say no washing rv aloud. I could see me doing this and waxing because I was bored. What's proper etiquette.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #2

Proper way...abide by their rules. It's their campground. Its pretty common as it uses a lot of water, and could possibly make a mess depending on the way the site is prepared. Also, possibly a pain for your neighbors.
If you don't see any rule against it, it's still wise, and proper to ask if it's OK. They may charge you an extra few bucks, but that's up to them.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #3

We are fortunate enough to have our TT parked on our property, so therefore we wash and wax it there.

Just as Grumpy indicated, as to the amount of water needed to wash these TT's, I can't imagine washing it at the CG due to the fact it would make a mess of the immediate grounds surrounding the TT, while camping.

Now, if there was a designated location just for the sole purpose of washing, of course, after packing up and before heading out, that would be perfect if you have time to kill.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #4

I wash both in my driveway when home. My place in Florida allows me to wash them there if I want. When I got down there last year I got a new site that hadn't grown all the grass yet so they let me wash the road salt off of both in the golf course pro shop parking lot.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:24 PM   #5

Another point of concern for the campground owner is all the soapy water that is now draining into the camp site. Not alot of difference between that and emptying you gray water with it's soap, grime, dirt, ect onto the ground.
Only place I've ever seen that lets you wash your rv was in Fla, panhandle campground, where all the sites were concrete pads with gravel around the perimeter. Was too busy having fun camping with friends to wash the Lexi.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #6
(Dry Huunday)

Wash mine at home. To busy camping at the campground for anything except any needed (hopefully none) repairs

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:01 PM   #7

In my yard next to my house. I go up and down a 16 foot ladder.
I don't get up on the roof unless I have to. Funny tale: I got a new fiver in
February and it was at Camping World for a slide adjustment and my better half states
that I am to old (67) to be going up and down to wash and wax it, I could get hurt. She calls and inquires about the cost to wash and wax it. They tell her that for my 38 foot Wildcat it will be $420 plus tax. She tells me that maybe I am not so old and wash and wax it myself.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #8

I generally wash/wax at home or have a mobile company do it. There is a wash station where I store the 5er between trips too. The CG where we snowbird has a wash station but that means moving it there and back.
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:28 PM   #9

Coin operated bays

Some of the coin operated facilities have the end bay open (not enclosed) to accommodate large rigs. About $7 in quarts along with bucket and brush doing a section at a time then power wash next area. In 2 yrs Only wet washed 2X when to much grit/mud. And twice I used Dry Wash Classic as alternative to wet washing and waxing. Dry Wash Classic will remove dirt from RV and add protective coating from elements and UV rays. Many in our camping group use it and also on glass. Also is anti-static so dirt really doesn't t accumulate
However, my RV has the Diamond Shield Protective Covering on front (a bra type covering). Diamond Shield says not to use Dry wash on their material. On this they suggest using Protect All. DryWash sold at RV shows and on Amazon. One qt bottle goes along way. Can do class A at least twice and more. Read Directions to see if it is suitable.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #10

Washing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrousseau View Post
Sounds stupid but I've seen campgrounds say no washing rv aloud. I could see me doing this and waxing because I was bored. What's proper etiquette.
I was thinking of taking mine to a Truck wash for 18 Wheeler's.. haven't washed mine yet. I just bought it this past April.

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer