Old 06-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #11
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Looks like in flybobs post he has removed the gas burner tube. Looking at his pic is a bit deceiving as with the tube in place it is very hard to see this switch I had to almost stand on my head to see it on my new TT. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #12

If stored with the battery connected, it (the battery) will completely loose its charge over several weeks. Which is bad for battery longevity. Either install a battery disconnect switch or disconnect the negative battery cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #13

While our 17FQ came with the large "overview" manual there were also manuals for most of the individual appliances. Some appeared to be installation manuals, but a closer look gave me a bit better info. Our water heater is gas only. Fridge is gas and 110v for the refrigeration and 12v for the controls. Microwave is 110v only. Bath fan and lights are 12v only.
A/C is 110v only. You have a converter that supplies 12v when plugged into electrical outlet. And it keeps the battery charged.
And your water pump is 12v. Furnace is gas and 12v for the blower.
This assumes Coachman hasnt changed much in the appliances in these smaller trailers. Your radio is a different brand so......
Hope this helps get you on the right track. And as someone else mentioned your dealer should have covered of this with you.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #14

Electric and Refrigerator

I was camping in a situation where I had no electric or water hookup. I got to the campsite on Friday night and by Sunday morning around 6am, the refrigerator was beeping at me (check light flashing). After checking the gas, it turns out the battery was dead. I was under the (bad) assumption that the refrigerator would run on gas when not on electric however it appears that these refrigerators (Dometic 2-door) need some electric as well? The water heater was also on and minimal lights were used. Do I need to keep the TT on a generator all day to keep it charged? I'm heading back to that area in a couple of weeks for a 5 day stay. Ideas?

Thanks,
Marti

PS: Salem CruiseLite 241QBXL-2015
Old 07-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #15
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuckely View Post
I was camping in a situation where I had no electric or water hookup. I got to the campsite on Friday night and by Sunday morning around 6am, the refrigerator was beeping at me (check light flashing). After checking the gas, it turns out the battery was dead. I was under the (bad) assumption that the refrigerator would run on gas when not on electric however it appears that these refrigerators (Dometic 2-door) need some electric as well? The water heater was also on and minimal lights were used. Do I need to keep the TT on a generator all day to keep it charged? I'm heading back to that area in a couple of weeks for a 5 day stay. Ideas?

Thanks,
Marti

PS: Salem CruiseLite 241QBXL-2015
if you plan of doing more dry camping or boondocking, then you need to have a 2 battery setup.
also, a battery disconnect switch is advisable. if you didn't have the trailer plugged into shore power prior to leaving, the battery was already depleted and your tow vehicle probably only provided a trickle charge.
if you used the furnace, it can run a single battery down overnight.

you shouldn't need the generator all day. that's annoying especially for neighbors.
with our 2 battery setup, we only need the Honda running for a couple of hours, about once every 3 days.

did you check the battery before leaving on your trip?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #16

I didn't check it and I trusted the dealer (where I also store it and it's not on power) that it was charged. I've only had the trailer for 2 weeks now. I did not run the furnace and probably won't - at least overnight. If it's really chilly I might fire it up in the morning to take the chill off. I'll have to check into that 2 battery system. A friend also thought perhaps a large solar panel might work. Guess that's a topic for another post.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #17
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuckely View Post
I didn't check it and I trusted the dealer (where I also store it and it's not on power) that it was charged. I've only had the trailer for 2 weeks now. I did not run the furnace and probably won't - at least overnight. If it's really chilly I might fire it up in the morning to take the chill off. I'll have to check into that 2 battery system. A friend also thought perhaps a large solar panel might work. Guess that's a topic for another post.
Well, now you know to check it yourself.
The battery was probably at or below 50% and you tow vehicle didn't provide enough of a charge during the drive.
So the battery wasn't at full strength when you got to the campground.

Suggest you Google "the 12 volt side of life"
And with 2 matching batteries, all you would need to do, is run the generator for 2 or 3 hours every 3 to 4 days. Maybe 5 to 6 days if you don't run the furnace.

I'll bet the dealer installed a cheaper 12v dual purpose battery.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #18

mjbuckely:

Also, there are some models of refrigerator that have a 12VDC heater around the seal of the freezer to prevent frost buildup. Some models with this heater have a switch, usually located between the frig and freezer door, that you can turn it off. I understand newer models that have this heater seem to have dropped the switch so there's now no way to turn off the heater, OR to know you've even got the heater. The heater will drain your battery fairly quickly. If you don't have the switch, you would need to look at the fridge manual that SHOULD have come with your TT to see if it has this heater.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #19

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a check when I get back to the trailer.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #20
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

Dometic Refrigerator ignitor cycles

Looking for help. I have no power to my trailer plug that charges the trailer battery. My Dometic refrigerator (model dm2652lbx) was cycling like a christmas tree as the check light would not stay on. The trailer battery was dead. The refrigerator works fine, after plugging it in, the convertor is fine. SO, why would the refrigerator cycle like that, when the battery is dead? Should it not keep running?

2015 Salem Cruise Lite

Tags
battery, electric, propane