Old 12-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #1

Angry Who are they after?

Didn't know where this might fit so here it is. Has anyone else seen the newly released ATT/DirecTV residential user agreement that goes into affect in January 2018? Read some of it and sounds like several things have changed. Just thought I would mention to see if anyone else thought it was directed at any particular crowd (RV folks). Just bought the dish and all and was using my home box etc on the road. Sounds like this outlaws that.........or has it always been that way.
??????????????

hollandsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm not man enough to read all that! Can you tell us to which section you're referring? Where did you find the "home box on the road" stuff?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 97; booked = 14
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #3

Didn't see anything regarding home box on the road. Said that was what I had done as well as many others. Several told me that they do that and have had no issues. Well this agreement in 1N says that is prohibited as I read it. Did not know if that is the way it has always been or was it new. Sounds like you cannot take any equipment and move it to another location. Sounds like they want you to lease another set of equipment for your rv or boat etc and pay additional programming and equipment charges. For what it's worth.........
Old 12-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #4

They can want lots of things. If they tried to enforce it I would drop them and go to Dish regardless of how much I have tied up in equipment.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #5

Kinda my thoughts exactly. Just thought I would share since it just came across my email. Funny how it runs concurrently with the growth of the rv lifestyle. They will eventually come up with some plan to address this new need but you can bet it will cost more. Have a great day.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #6

They have had that for years, but really do not enforce it. They want you to sign up for there RV plan. I have ignored it for years now. I just take my bedroom receiver with me, I don't get local channels unless I'm within 200 miles of my home, but the over air will bring them in most of the time.

Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
They have had that for years, but really do not enforce it. They want you to sign up for there RV plan. I have ignored it for years now. I just take my bedroom receiver with me, I don't get local channels unless I'm within 200 miles of my home, but the over air will bring them in most of the time.

X2
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #8
Steelhorzz

I've had quite a few conversations with Direct TV when I upgraded my receivers.
I specically asked about their compatibility in my RV.
I was told no problem, (except my local channels would not work outside a few hundred miles).
No one ever mentioned issues of legality, or having to purchase an additional contract.
When they installed my new receivers I spoke to the installer again asking him about having to change antenna settings when I used the "boxes" on my RV.
He actually changed the dish arm on my house to match that of the RV. He said, "now you don't have to do that, the settings will be the same". Now that's Service!!!!
My last trip was 2 weeks ago.
Everything works.
Steelhorzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
HikerBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhorzz View Post
I was told no problem, (except my local channels would not work outside a few hundred miles).
No one ever mentioned issues of legality, or having to purchase an additional contract.
When they installed my new receivers I spoke to the installer again asking him about having to change antenna settings when I used the "boxes" on my RV.
He actually changed the dish arm on my house to match that of the RV. He said, "now you don't have to do that, the settings will be the same". Now that's Service!!!!
Everything works.
Glad I can live without TV when camping. We play cards and board games.
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhorzz View Post
Everything works.
May I ask how far you were from home? Also did you get local channels at you site or local from home? Thanks

Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote