Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #21

Only use the TV-DVD when it's raining, bathroom at night or when it's raining depending on if CG keeps theirs clean, camping trip usually consists of biking, hiking, kayaking outdoor stuff, pretty much used the TT to sleep in...but it does give you the conviences if needed.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #22

Signature line below...

-Bill Thomas
Palomino Solaire 317 BHSK
billt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #23

Smile

We "camp" and "travel". If we're camping we cook all our meals on the fire, go fishing, hiking, swimming, and stay outside most of the day and hang out with friends and family. If we're traveling we eat in resturants, go sight seeing, and spend most of the day away from the cg. Both are great. Best part is no bed bugs.

2012 F150 5.0
2011 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26bh
bobcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #24
DnL

When my kids (who are grown and have their own kids) tease me about the comfort of my Forester I simply say, “I go rv’ing not camping and there is a significant difference”.
DnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #25

What we do, I call "glamping!". As rough as I like to get is a campground with dirt roads and pads and only electric hookups and maybe minimal TV signal. I want my a/c and the other nice things. I prefer a nice RV resort. I got to relax, and camp with friends and take some side trips.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #26

The definition of camping has been constantly changing since the advent of the automobile which made camping as a recreational activity popular and accessible to average folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camping_1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	39315   Click image for larger version

Name:	camping_2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	39316   Click image for larger version

Name:	camping_3.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	39317   Click image for larger version

Name:	camping_4.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	39318  

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #27

Glamping = glamorous camping. I am not glamorous - I am the opposite of glamorous.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #28

I am not sure that Glamping is the right term but it is hard to consider it camping with central air, 3 dvd players, microwave and recliner. The way I want to go!

By the way, great idea for a new forum category!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #29

I am a campground host most of the time. Therefore I am a camper most of the time.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #30

We do both! If we're traveling (like we did this year to Glacier, Yellowstone and Rushmore), we don't "camp" as much as sleep in the MH. We're gone most of the day anyway so don't even bother with dragging chairs out and setting up camp. Most of my cooking is done in the microwave, stove top or crock pot. We eat inside, run the A/C if needed and watch TV in the evenings if we have it. We still prefer campgrounds in national parks or state parks over the "RV Resorts" and other assorted parking lot sites.

If we're camping then no holds barred! Chairs, awning, canopy, firewood, dutch oven, tripod, charcoal, rug, tables get set up and I do most of the cooking in my dutch oven or on the tripod. Fires are a must in the evenings no matter what the temp.

While on this last trip, we "camped" a few nights along the way to recharge our batteries (not the MH's). Relaxing in camp in the evenings around a fire with adult beverages is priceless. We met several interesting people along the way too.

To each their own!

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #31

27 weekends a year we drive to a campground in our mobile cottage, 2014 Georgetown 335DS, with our Jeep Liberty in tow. We park the cottage on the site, put the awning out, plug the hydro in, pull out the lawn chairs, set up the bar-b-que and then enjoy the surroundings. Call it Glamping, Camping, Cottaging, RVing, I get razed all the time when i tell somebody we go camping in our MH. Whatever you call it, it is pure enjoyment that you don't get staying at home for the weekend. I just call it having a great time!
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanddc View Post
I think that "camping" is in the eye of the beholder. I used to think that staying in a camper was not camping. I am sure therer are those out there that say anyone who is plugged into 110 in not camping. We bought our RV to "camp" as we call it but also to go other places and drag our hotel room with us. We don't do alot inside but we do eat our meals in there.

I think camping is getting away from whatever you want to get away from. I like to sit by the fire and play with my cell phone (see who is on this website). I like watching the news in the morning with my coffee. I like eating inside where its climate controlled and fly-less (I don't hear anyone saying they go camping to get away from the AC)

My $.02
X2
:thumbsup
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #33

Camping : the activity of sleeping outdoors in a tent usually for enjoyment.

Just like I do, I camp in my tent, but my "tent" is 36' long, has ac, 3 tv's, bath, elec, hot water, etc. and we love it!
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #34
phat phrog stunt crew

i am looking for one of those tent trailers, last pic of post 26. want it for pulling behind my old car when i want to tent camp, but dont want to sleep on the ground.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #35
Haulin' Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
i am looking for one of those tent trailers, last pic of post 26. want it for pulling behind my old car when i want to tent camp, but dont want to sleep on the ground.
That is an Apache tent trailer. I saw one recently on the Houston, Tx Craigslist for $700.
2 Dogs

KewlKamperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #36
Wanna Be Camper

We go camping once or twice a year max and the rest of the time we go RVing to sight see. WHen we go places like SD to MT Rushmore we spend all our waking hours sight seeing and the trailer is a place to rest our weary butts and maybe have a swim. A couple times a year we go to provincial cg's and just kick back and do nothing. If we have some spare time while doing nothing at night we may pop in a movie but we never watch OTA TV or even listen to music/radio on the sound system.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #37

I still camp with the Boy Scout troop. We try to get out every month. In the last year I have been in a tent in the middle of the summer and when it has gone to 0 degrees (F) over night. I have camped in a lean to in the winter. We have a great time because we have the proper gear for the outing. For outings with my family the proper gear includes a 30' box with our beds and kitchen in it. OK so it has a few more thing. We still get away from the every day routine and get to spend quality time together. My kids are 17 and 13. They are both on the swim team and very busy. We get to spend time around a campfire with old and new friends. We meet people we would never meet in a hotel. When was the last time you were walking down the hall of a hotel and struck up a conversation with someone? Plus hotels get upset when you try to build a campfire.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #38

Quote:
This is something called the Sylvan Sport. It's a couple dollars more than that Apache. It is only 600lbs empty though and at that weight you could attach a couple of poles and use it like a rickshaw!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sylvan_1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	39341  

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #39

Quote:
Old school:

1946 Higgins H4A Pop Up Tent Trailer Extremely RARE | eBay
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
The definition of camping has been constantly changing since the advent of the automobile which made camping as a recreational activity popular and accessible to average folks.
Thank you sooo much for these old pics.....I can just imagine how life was so much simpler back then, but people still yearned to get away from their everday life, and find others who liked to enjoy Mother Nature.
Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote