Old 12-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #51

sierra vs sandpiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
i found Jeff Couch's RV Nation has a couple of the 365 SAQs for under $38k.
i don't believe that there's much difference between the two brands.
sounds like salesmens' BS to me, cause FR tends to make the two brands exactly the same, except for decals and decor.
Yes have been looking at the differences of the two. Personally the Sandpiper has the better looks. Thats just my opinion. I like the colors of the sandpiper ALOT beter than the Sierra. The color combos are the deal breaker. The graphics and color have alot to do with it. We were first looking at the Open RANges because of the color of the siding. Then we found out that there were other companies making the same floor plan. Open range don't offer an outside kitchen or half the options the Sandpiper does and cost more. Plus their frames have been cracking due to being "very light built".

Old 12-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #52
Moderators' Assistant

yep, should only be cosmetic differences between the two brands.
the color combos can be odd sometimes.
the DW liked the solid color fabric on the '06 Roo line, but when we were ready to buy an '07, they came out with a floral fabric pattern in both options.
she hated both.
i was lucky to fine a early-season '07 that had the fabric from the '06 line but everything else was '07 stuff.
as far as the twin Flagstaff Shamrock line, she hated the two odd color choices also.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonizik3 View Post
Dealer I talked to in Danville don't beleive me and one in N.C. wants $41,000 and got mad at me for shopping his price.
If the Danville dealer is the same one that advertises on the internet the following "Lowest Prices For All Types of RV's Bottom Line We Will Beat Any Price" then isn't this false advertising?

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #54

dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo Dad View Post
If the Danville dealer is the same one that advertises on the internet the following "Lowest Prices For All Types of RV's Bottom Line We Will Beat Any Price" then isn't this false advertising?
You would think it would be false advertising. To tell you the truth when I mentioned RVW to him and told him his price was alot higher he got a little peed-off so I didn't want to rock the boat and ask about the price gaurantee! He pretty much told me there was no way I was buying that camper for that price. At that price he would buy his units from RVW. His cost was more than that! Call them up and tell him you got a deal from RVW on a new 2012 camper and ask if he will match it and see what they say.I gaurantee you it won't be pretty.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #55
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonizik3 View Post
You would think it would be false advertising. To tell you the truth when I mentioned RVW to him and told him his price was alot higher he got a little peed-off so I didn't want to rock the boat and ask about the price gaurantee! He pretty much told me there was no way I was buying that camper for that price. At that price he would buy his units from RVW. His cost was more than that! Call them up and tell him you got a deal from RVW on a new 2012 camper and ask if he will match it and see what they say.I gaurantee you it won't be pretty.
i got the same thing with a couple local Roo dealers. they said that the price i got from House of Camping, couldn't be for real. they said the same B.S. until i showed them a copy of the invoice.
that shut them up quick. then it turned into, "well, if you want that price, then go ahead and drive to Chicago". they didn't think i would.
so, i did and save over $4k on a HTT with a MSRP of only $22k, so it was substantial. and that's including the trip costs to get it.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote