Old 01-12-2016, 01:17 AM   #11
We most certainly use ours. Great to no tote the extra tank for a gas grill. But when it gets cold you need to watch out; Easy to suck up both of your gas bottles for heat and when your using your quick connect it's easy to run out of gas. The reason some carry the extra bottle, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #12
Boondocking Only
99% of our camping is boondocking, so less is more. We used the bracket were the grill goes & hang a expanded shelf that I built there. The Camp Chef sits under & in front of the shelf a few feet from the camper. The Camp Chef 2 burner is set up to connect to the quick connect & we use it religiously. I never really felt comfortable hanging a grill directly to the side of camper. Here's a few pics of the new table & stove hooked up.

2014 Shamrock/Roo 21SSL
Complete LED Lighting
Off Road Package
2010 F250 Lariat 6.8 V-10
Custom Tunes by 5 Star Tuning
ddbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #13
I don't like cooking right next to the RV, so I rarely have used it for outside connect...however, my propane hose quick connect is located under my galley countertop so that I could easily re-route the hose inside the trailer to supply propane to my catalytic heater.

Comes in handy when boondocking since no electric necessary to heat the living area (just need to be sure to "crack" two windows or roof vents to refresh O2).
2015 Rockwood A128S
2010 Rockwood 2604
2014 Ford F-250 CC SB 2WD
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #14
(Dry Huunday)
Yep, actually I had to install one so that I could use it!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #15
I use our propane quick connect all the time. I use a converted Coleman Roadtrip LXE grill. Found the instructions and parts needed on Youtube for the conversion. It was easier than I expected and works just fine. I did save the original Coleman grill regulator parts so I could easily convert back to the small propane bottles if I ever needed to.
2001 Ford F250 7.3l converted to F350 specs
2014 Flagstaff 8528RKWS
2 - 2006 model year Border Collies
Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #16
Use ours all the time with Weber Q100 (with Weber regulator removed).
2013 Flagstaff 8528IKWS, 2006 F-350 6.0L
DickiedooFlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #17
Our 2014 Sun seeker came with one. We use it all the time for our campchef, the BBQ and a propane campfire. We love not having to carry extra tanks.
Niel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #18
Originally Posted by JoyMarie View Post
Thanks for all of the replies! Another question....what will I need in order to hook my Coleman Roadtrip Classic to the quick connect? I haven't even taken it out of the box yet so I'm not sure if there's a regulator I will need to remove. I'm sure there probably is.
There are a few videos on YouTube showing how to do it, fittings needed and whatnot. It's pretty simple. Our first TT came with a Flame King grill, with a quick disconnect, it's lightweight but works pretty good. We also have a Camp Chef two burner stove for outside as well. On our first TT I carried a 20lb tank, and got tired of that real quick. On this new TT, I've made a 'T' fitting with two quick disconnects on it, so I can plug a single hose to the TT, and connect both the grill and the stove to the 'T' so I can use both at the same time. I've removed the regulator from the Camp Chef stove so I can run it off the propane supply onboard. No more tank carrying!
David and Vicki
5 year old Springer rescues Sydney and Piper
2013 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab Duramax/Allison stock "Big Red"
2016 Dutchmen Denali 287RE "The Dog House"
Eaz Lift WDH w/ Blue Ox 2 1/2" trunion
Springerdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #19
Site Team
Originally Posted by Niel View Post
Our 2014 Sun seeker came with one. We use it all the time for our campchef, the BBQ and a propane campfire. We love not having to carry extra tanks.

Can I highjack for a second to ask which propane fire? We bought a Little Red last year but I haven't found a quick connect option yet because the valve is built into the regulator. For now, I've been pulling off my secondary tank to use with the campfire when we use it, but I'd much rather use my quick connect if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #20
I bought some quick disconnect stuff for my portable Coleman.. the part that screws on the grill with the regulator isn't pipe threads... I would have to make something adapt to the low pressure hose from the several other projects.. it got bumped to the side and I have been using a 20# bottle. I got a Coleman XXL i think...wish i had a big Q grill. Nothing $300 wont fix

Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote