Old 01-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #21

Who uses their gas quick connect?

Does anyone feel comfortable using the setup to have the grill hanging on the RV? I always set up my grill beside the RV usually on the picnic table for cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-canuck View Post
Does anyone feel comfortable using the setup to have the grill hanging on the RV? I always set up my grill beside the RV usually on the picnic table for cooking.

I do use ours that way. But typically it's only the wife and I. I am not cooking greasy flare up burgers for a family. We have had no issues and the brackets do hold it out from the wall. I watch it closely. My main concern is flare ups and the awning out.

Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #23

As Springerdad said, there are YouTube videos that show you how to covert the Coleman grills and what parts you need. It's actually pretty simple to do. We have a Coleman road trip grill and use it a lot, always connected to the quick disconnect. I didn't want to have to carry and extra tank and quickly got tired of the 1lb bottles knowing that I have two 30lb tanks on the TT.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:23 PM   #24

Quote:

Our Flame King was a swing out bumper mount. Didn't sit very level. And I wasn't too happy about grilling that close to the TT. It DOES have a removable bracket for table use, so when we sold, I kept it all, and cut down the bracket so it was more stable and easier to use on a small table. Much better that way. I don't use the picnic tables,,,,, most campgrounds around here get pretty pissy about that.
2016 Dutchmen Denali 287RE "The Dog House"
Eaz Lift WDH 1400# w/ Blue Ox 2 1/2" trunion
EezRV TPMS
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #25

Use it all the time. It's a great feature
Old 01-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #26

Quote:

We use the grill that came with the Trailer and hang it on the side of the trailer with no issues so far. Works great. So many places don't allow wood fires so I am going to get the parts to convert our propane firepit so I can use that too on the quick disconnect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GrillAndKitchen.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	97679  
2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper). Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch. TST 507 TPMS. Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera. Garmin RV-760 GPS. Honda 2000i Genny, PI EMS-PT30C.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #27

Quick disconnect

I use my quick disconnect on grill that was made for my lp system haven't carried my road trip with me in over a year.You will have to remove regulator on road trip in order for it to work. Can't have both low pressure regulators operating on outlet side of regulator. I just use a electric griddle for breakfast and grill for supper. Have been toting that road trip around since 2003. Might retire it.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #28

LP Quick Connect to Coleman

That's a link to a discussion on converting the road trip. I think I gave links to the parts I used.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #29

We used it a few times with the gas grill that came with the trailer. The grill is a waste. It takes too long to heat, has poor flame control, etc. I bought a Wally World charcoal for $10 that is way better and no longer use the quick connect. I can grill twice as much twice as fast as the temperature stays high.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:49 PM   #30

Quote:

We have an Aussie that uses a swing mount off the back trailer bumper. It's nice as we can position the grill where it is most convenient.

To answer the OP's question we use our quick connect every trip for out grill.

Tags
gas