Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Who's Better Than Forest River?

Been working on trying to get a VIN decal for the side of my '99 25RKS FW from Forest River for a month. Is there any RV manufacturer out there that really gives a crap after the sale? I have made at least 20 phone calls and I don't know how many emails. I have no answers to any emails as yet. I can't get in touch with parts department. Warranty guy acts like I am his worst nightmare because I just won't 'go away'. No, I'm not the original owner. No, the FW is no longer under warranty. But, I could have been a future customer for a new RV. No longer, of course. I wouldn't accept a Forest River product as a gift because afterwards I know there's nothing but disappoint and frustration. Is there any company out there that has some concern about the customer after the sale?

mikey360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
I am going to take a guess here: Most likely, once that decal is printed, it can no longer be printed by them again. If you get another trailer with the same number, only one would be taxable, have to have a registration, license plate, and so on. Probably a legal nightmare. Now if you want the info off the sticker, such as weights, and tire size, etc., that should be given to you.

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
check on ur cabinet door for the sink. mine has info there. i would have to look and see if it has weight on it. know it has capacities.
my original tag on the outside is unreadable due to the sun.
they would probably prefer u go thru a dealer. i know i visited the Cardinal assembly plant and received an card a year later. believe they are more interested in turning out a quality product as quickly as possible.
would probably be like calling an insurance company and ask abt specific products. sense they don't sell to the general public, they would be polite but refer u to an insurance agent.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Neither FR or any other mfg. is going to sent you a sticker for your trailer. The vin should be stamped on the top of your frame around the "a frame" right side as your facing the camper. If you can't find it go yo your DMV they know where it is. They have no way of knowing what you would do with that vin #. You could put it on a different trailer. Think about it. anyone can call, or email and be whoever they want. How many scams our out there???
2009 Ford F250 Super Duty
2008 Flagstaff Ultralite 23FBS with slide out (standard)
2006 H-D Flhxi
2001 H-D Dyna
Honda 2000i
Champion gen 4000
buccello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
There is is big sticker on the inside of your kitchen cubord and it has all the kitchen appliance make and models on it as well weight , tire size etc, and the vin number, infact that sticker gives you way more info then the one on your outside frame.
sewerrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
You can't reproduce a vin plate. They should have at least emailed to tell you that. But I get calls all the time with it.(Chrysler related) once the vehicle has he tag that's it. they won't reproduce them to stop people from stealing the units and replating. We had a BMW wrecker (junk yard) stealing from Germany and replateing with with write-offs then they would get them "certified" Bang- new car to sell. Sorry I don't know how to spell replateing( if it is infact even a word)
2011 Ram Laramie
2010 Rockwood 8319ss
2010 Polaris sportman 300(wife's)
2005 Polaris sportman 500HO (mine)

trailraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
Hey mikey!
You have a 12 year-old camper, and you expect the company to respond to a ridiculous request? And then you dirt the company? C'mon buddy, join the real world.

crocus is offline   Reply With Quote