Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Unfortunately we're heading back home tomorrow from a week at Myrtle Beach. It was hot but no rain. It will be around 5 weeks before we head out again. My nephew is getting married and the wedding is about 50 miles away from our campsite near Ocean City MD. so we'll be doing both vacation and wedding. After the reception it's back to OC for the rest of the week.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #12

Heading over to Silverwood in the morning. Then it's off to Yellowstone for a week.

Hope the snow is not too deep lol.

2006 Sierra F28 Rear Kitchen 5th Wheel, 31' = 10k pounds.
Nights camped in 09-14, 2010-23
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #13

Nowhere this weekend but we have made reservations later in July in Williamsburg so that will be the first for the year. Too many other things going on right now to fit it in. One of these day though we will be able to go as we wish.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #14

We go today until the 5th, then home for 3 weeks and out for another week. Looks like rain today........lets see.......awning...check.....cooler full of Canadian....check......recliner chair....check.....works for me!!
WillyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #15

At McKinney Falls State Park in Austin right now.

Life if good.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #16

Not us unfortunatly as we have to babysit a grandson for another week or two. Besides as retirees we like to leave the long weekends open at the parks for younger people that need the break. When you retire every weekend is a long one, besides we are getting reay for a 3 or 4 week tour to eastern canada so we can wait. Old Guys....
Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #17

Thumbs up

Well, we are Heading out on Sunday for a two week trip to Steamboat Springs From Tacoma Wa.. This will be our first Long Haul, Ever .. Been doin the local trips around the state, But time to Move on and explore, Goin to take 5 days to get to Steamboat (wife has to have a stop overnite in each state) Idaho Montana Wyoming (twice), and then 7 Days in Outside of SteamBoat Camping with Family that live in the Area, then 3 days back home. Hope I'm Sain by the time we get back

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet58 View Post
Well, we are Heading out on Sunday for a two week trip to Steamboat Springs From Tacoma Wa.. This will be our first Long Haul, Ever .. Been doin the local trips around the state, But time to Move on and explore, Goin to take 5 days to get to Steamboat (wife has to have a stop overnite in each state) Idaho Montana Wyoming (twice), and then 7 Days in Outside of SteamBoat Camping with Family that live in the Area, then 3 days back home. Hope I'm Sain by the time we get back

Sounds like a real fun trip. Be safe and have a great time.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
IT Guru

Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
We just got back from our quick weekend get away to Cozy Acres in Powhatan, VA. It was hot, hot, hot, so hot that the pool water felt like taking a bath, but hey we were camping...
The campground was very nice, I think the sites are a bit small, but the folks there are awesome and very helpful, and they even have a little RV store in the camp store.

The biggest issue besides the heat was that we blew out a trailer tire on the way home... not what we were looking for in terms of a relaxing weekend but, we'll replace the tire this week and try it again next weekend!

Happy Fourth of July early everyone!

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #20

Just got back from my long term RV park on Lake Tenkiller in SE Oklahoma. Weather was great. Did some work on the deck we are building yesterday (will end up being 16x24), then a nature hike and burgers on the grill. Fell asleep watching Cars (my son is 4). Today we went swimming and bought a fire pit for the deck at Lowes. Then home to clean up and get ready for a 4 day week (taking Friday off to do a 4 day camping weekend)

I've been going there every weekend for the last 6 weeks. So far, we are loving it!