Old 08-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #11

I'm not surprised that FR may be giving up on CW. CW installed the braking system on my toad and did such a bad job that the system never worked properly. Worse, after the installation, every time I applied the brakes when driving, my foot would slip off of the brake pedal onto the gas. The tech also refused to use the signal cable I requested and ended up with a wiring system requiring two separate connections between the RV and the car.

A trip to Roadmaster's Vancouver, Washington facility was needed to get everything properly working.

CW as able to fix a broken microwave mounting bracket after I told them what they needed to do to fix it.

Phil

Old 08-08-2015, 02:56 PM   #12

Agree with the post by Stickers. Would be nice to get something confirmed or denied officially if we could.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #13

CW& FR

That means they will no longer sale them if they won't service them. Mine is at CW now for the 2nd extended period.That would leave a lot of people with few options.There is already one service company where I live that will not do warranty work on FR products but does for most other companies
Old 08-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Been almost 2 years since I have seen RV Guy post on this forum. I will admit that maybe I missed a post by him but he suddenly became silent with the issues of torn fabric on the bottom of slides That should show you how much FR cares.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #15

Just read this in some stock news...[I]Forest River RV has agreed to a settlement with a penalty of up to $35 million after federal regulators say the company didn’t properly report safety data and recalls on some of its recreational vehicles.[/I]. The liability to CW for injuries and problems with defective RVs may have something to do with all of this.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #16

FR Recall Problems

More on the Federal fines paid by FR for not issuing recalls and warranty problems..........In one of the recalls, Forest River sent a service bulletin in November 2014 to owners of 726 Rockwood and Flagstaff travel trailers regarding a defect in which loose wiring could come in contact with a heating element and start a fire. The NHTSA wasnít notified of the problem until February 2015 and then told Forest River to issue a recall. The company was required to report the problem within five days of issuing the service bulletin.

In the second recall, the company issued a service bulletin on March 3 regarding 200 Palomino trailers that were built without an exhaust vent near the furnace, which could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning or fire. The NHTSA wasnít notified until March 17.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #17
Dr Travel

I avoid CW like the plague, only go there to buy items on special or specific items I cannot wait to get. Would not trust these guys for nothing. Got the run-around from their sales "process" and would not give them the time of day. As difficult as it is, I'd find a local dealer you can trust and use them
Old 08-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #18

CW&FR

I think CW does pretty sh--y work but they work on a lot of RV's they used to do good work but there warranty work is really terrible
Old 08-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #19

I have to say I tried to have warranty work done on my Rockwood Roo at my local Camping World, and they gave the run around... told me it would take 2 months for FR to approve it, discouraged me from bringing it in. So then took it to my dealer where I bought it, 2 hours away (Wana RV in Indiana) and it was fixed almost immediately and they said no issues with FR....Shout out to Wana RV in Shipshewana, IN....
Old 08-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #20

Who needs the other the most I think CW is the largest distributor of RV's that I know of they are buying everything up will not be much competition before long they can just replace FR products with something else but FR can't just load up other dealers with there product can they

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
camping, forest river