Old 08-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #41

I'm going to join the minority here and say we have had excellent warranty service from both. Our 2418g had a hole in the canvas when we bought it. They patched it and told us to bring it back at the end of the season when we were done. In 2 weeks the entire end canvas was removed, shipped to FR, evaluated by them, a brand new one shipped back to the dealer and replaced by the dealer. Our dealer is Camping World in Hanover PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2010 Ford Escape
loumichelle735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #42

[QUOTE=DobeFanatic;948441]There are only a few FR repair centers in the Tampa Bay area as it is now. I am going to Sarasota for my work as the next closest besides CW is in Brooksville and has few good reviews. Either way it is over an hour drive to get service since I purchased near Orlando and that is even further away. Had I realized all this before, I might have made a different purchase decision, now I'm stuck.[/QUOTE

I'm in south Tampa area and am looking at a Wildcat in Winter Garden CW dealer. I thought that this was the only place that sold FR Wildcat's. I then went to LazyDays and was looking at rv's there and found that they had Wildcat 5ers there. I would think that they would service Forest River products as they sell multiple brands of FR. Have you tried Lazydays for service? Just curious if you had and what your experience or anyone's for that matter, what good or bad about Lazydays service work. Wondering where and who in Sarasota you have work done, again just curious.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumichelle735 View Post
Our dealer is Camping World in Hanover PA.

The key in your case is the CW in Hanover. One of the best in the country.

I wonder if the issue in some locations is the CW trying to pad the repair cost. The FR warranty folks may dispute the charges and request for payment resulting in a delay.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2017: 4 nights camped, 12 booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #44

just picked my TT up from CW of new jersey.I got nothing but good things to say about this CW communication was great and they had Trailer finished a week ahead of schedule.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #45

The Dealership I work for as a tech ( just beginning) came to the staff in early july saying he was closing shop.He is a small dealership and always tried to do right thing for the customer and trusted his techs to repair properly. PDIs were done professionally and to the best of our ability.If it wasnt right it didnt move- unless the customer was notified and was able/wanted to bring it back when parts were in. some of the problems we found from factory were awful. wires split with nails,ac units with hot wires not connected- just dangling,constant water lines bent over or twisted.many things over looked and filthy. being in upstate ny is tough selling campers period and with all the problems I guess he just had enough.everyone coming in is sorry to see him going out but what can he do. ps he was selling fr and shasta
Old 08-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #46

[QUOTE=floridela;950930]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeFanatic View Post
There are only a few FR repair centers in the Tampa Bay area as it is now. I am going to Sarasota for my work as the next closest besides CW is in Brooksville and has few good reviews. Either way it is over an hour drive to get service since I purchased near Orlando and that is even further away. Had I realized all this before, I might have made a different purchase decision, now I'm stuck.[/QUOTE

I'm in south Tampa area and am looking at a Wildcat in Winter Garden CW dealer. I thought that this was the only place that sold FR Wildcat's. I then went to LazyDays and was looking at rv's there and found that they had Wildcat 5ers there. I would think that they would service Forest River products as they sell multiple brands of FR. Have you tried Lazydays for service? Just curious if you had and what your experience or anyone's for that matter, what good or bad about Lazydays service work. Wondering where and who in Sarasota you have work done, again just curious.
I purchased from Leisure RV outside Orlando, after looking at Lazy Days first. If I need warranty work I will use Campbell RV in Sarasota as it is easier to get down the interstate from Largo, than to go through Tampa traffic. Register Chevy/RV in Brooksville doesn't show much for RV service on their internet site, and I can only think they prefer to work on cars than RV's. Perhaps more internet searching for your Wildcat? so you can at least compare offers before making a decision.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeFanatic View Post
There are only a few FR repair centers in the Tampa Bay area as it is now. I am going to Sarasota for my work as the next closest besides CW is in Brooksville and has few good reviews. Either way it is over an hour drive to get service since I purchased near Orlando and that is even further away. Had I realized all this before, I might have made a different purchase decision, now I'm stuck.
I get my Georgetown serviced at LazyDays in Tampa. I am about 95% satisfied with their work. But I would trust them 100% over CW.
I took my coach to the CW on I4 for a wash and left with a cracked windshield. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN???
Old 08-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyCamper View Post
Excellent information, I appreciate it..I got my 2015 Forest River, Wildwood, Heritage Glen from CW and have take it back couple of times for warranty repairs, no problem, however, last week I took again for a repair that qualify under the warranty and Friday, as I stop by to check on progress, thee service tech mentioned that even though the repairs were done, they are waiting on the confirmation from Forest River, I hope there is no issues. I believe that even if they divorce, on my purchase contract with CW, it stipulates that they honor every defect on the unit that is under warranty at any CW nationally. This particular CW knows me pretty well (I live only 5 minutes from it) and they know that I'm fully aware of the warranty, specially when you spend that amount of money in a unit. I will stop by this afternoon to check on this rumor.
Again, thank you guys for all your information!!
Following up on the rumor, yesterday I went to my local CW where my unit is getting warranty repairs done now, and asked the service manager, in fact, yes, FR is cutting from CW, however, CW is honoring all warranties as stipulated in the contract if the unit was purchased before this decision; also, told me that the final notification in writing to the CW service locations will take longer. My repairs are done, warranty payments were approved by FR in less than a week and I'm getting my unit back Saturday. Hopefully the issues are resolved.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:19 PM   #49

I have a Cedar Creek and C/W does all my warranty work I brought the camper from Tom Johnson in North Carolina and that's about all they sell is Forest River products and C/W bought them out

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:54 PM   #50

I just wish FR would just come right out and tell it's customers the truth. I for one am not satisfied with CW

Tags
camping, forest river