Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #41

I'm going to join the minority here and say we have had excellent warranty service from both. Our 2418g had a hole in the canvas when we bought it. They patched it and told us to bring it back at the end of the season when we were done. In 2 weeks the entire end canvas was removed, shipped to FR, evaluated by them, a brand new one shipped back to the dealer and replaced by the dealer. Our dealer is Camping World in Hanover PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2010 Ford Escape
loumichelle735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #42

[QUOTE=DobeFanatic;948441]There are only a few FR repair centers in the Tampa Bay area as it is now. I am going to Sarasota for my work as the next closest besides CW is in Brooksville and has few good reviews. Either way it is over an hour drive to get service since I purchased near Orlando and that is even further away. Had I realized all this before, I might have made a different purchase decision, now I'm stuck.[/QUOTE

I'm in south Tampa area and am looking at a Wildcat in Winter Garden CW dealer. I thought that this was the only place that sold FR Wildcat's. I then went to LazyDays and was looking at rv's there and found that they had Wildcat 5ers there. I would think that they would service Forest River products as they sell multiple brands of FR. Have you tried Lazydays for service? Just curious if you had and what your experience or anyone's for that matter, what good or bad about Lazydays service work. Wondering where and who in Sarasota you have work done, again just curious.
floridela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumichelle735 View Post
Our dealer is Camping World in Hanover PA.

The key in your case is the CW in Hanover. One of the best in the country.

I wonder if the issue in some locations is the CW trying to pad the repair cost. The FR warranty folks may dispute the charges and request for payment resulting in a delay.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #44

just picked my TT up from CW of new jersey.I got nothing but good things to say about this CW communication was great and they had Trailer finished a week ahead of schedule.
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #45

The Dealership I work for as a tech ( just beginning) came to the staff in early july saying he was closing shop.He is a small dealership and always tried to do right thing for the customer and trusted his techs to repair properly. PDIs were done professionally and to the best of our ability.If it wasnt right it didnt move- unless the customer was notified and was able/wanted to bring it back when parts were in. some of the problems we found from factory were awful. wires split with nails,ac units with hot wires not connected- just dangling,constant water lines bent over or twisted.many things over looked and filthy. being in upstate ny is tough selling campers period and with all the problems I guess he just had enough.everyone coming in is sorry to see him going out but what can he do. ps he was selling fr and shasta
riverrat958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #46

[QUOTE=floridela;950930]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeFanatic View Post
There are only a few FR repair centers in the Tampa Bay area as it is now. I am going to Sarasota for my work as the next closest besides CW is in Brooksville and has few good reviews. Either way it is over an hour drive to get service since I purchased near Orlando and that is even further away. Had I realized all this before, I might have made a different purchase decision, now I'm stuck.[/QUOTE

I'm in south Tampa area and am looking at a Wildcat in Winter Garden CW dealer. I thought that this was the only place that sold FR Wildcat's. I then went to LazyDays and was looking at rv's there and found that they had Wildcat 5ers there. I would think that they would service Forest River products as they sell multiple brands of FR. Have you tried Lazydays for service? Just curious if you had and what your experience or anyone's for that matter, what good or bad about Lazydays service work. Wondering where and who in Sarasota you have work done, again just curious.
I purchased from Leisure RV outside Orlando, after looking at Lazy Days first. If I need warranty work I will use Campbell RV in Sarasota as it is easier to get down the interstate from Largo, than to go through Tampa traffic. Register Chevy/RV in Brooksville doesn't show much for RV service on their internet site, and I can only think they prefer to work on cars than RV's. Perhaps more internet searching for your Wildcat? so you can at least compare offers before making a decision.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:43 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeFanatic View Post
There are only a few FR repair centers in the Tampa Bay area as it is now. I am going to Sarasota for my work as the next closest besides CW is in Brooksville and has few good reviews. Either way it is over an hour drive to get service since I purchased near Orlando and that is even further away. Had I realized all this before, I might have made a different purchase decision, now I'm stuck.
I get my Georgetown serviced at LazyDays in Tampa. I am about 95% satisfied with their work. But I would trust them 100% over CW.
I took my coach to the CW on I4 for a wash and left with a cracked windshield. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN???
Old 08-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyCamper View Post
Excellent information, I appreciate it..I got my 2015 Forest River, Wildwood, Heritage Glen from CW and have take it back couple of times for warranty repairs, no problem, however, last week I took again for a repair that qualify under the warranty and Friday, as I stop by to check on progress, thee service tech mentioned that even though the repairs were done, they are waiting on the confirmation from Forest River, I hope there is no issues. I believe that even if they divorce, on my purchase contract with CW, it stipulates that they honor every defect on the unit that is under warranty at any CW nationally. This particular CW knows me pretty well (I live only 5 minutes from it) and they know that I'm fully aware of the warranty, specially when you spend that amount of money in a unit. I will stop by this afternoon to check on this rumor.
Again, thank you guys for all your information!!
Following up on the rumor, yesterday I went to my local CW where my unit is getting warranty repairs done now, and asked the service manager, in fact, yes, FR is cutting from CW, however, CW is honoring all warranties as stipulated in the contract if the unit was purchased before this decision; also, told me that the final notification in writing to the CW service locations will take longer. My repairs are done, warranty payments were approved by FR in less than a week and I'm getting my unit back Saturday. Hopefully the issues are resolved.
FreddyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #49

I have a Cedar Creek and C/W does all my warranty work I brought the camper from Tom Johnson in North Carolina and that's about all they sell is Forest River products and C/W bought them out

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #50

I just wish FR would just come right out and tell it's customers the truth. I for one am not satisfied with CW
selkirk awards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #51

I don't have problem with C/W in Fayetteville NC they use to be owned by Hawley's, so it's the same people there just different name

Old 08-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #52

No problems here with CW and FR. I have parts on order and out of the dozen or so issues, 8 or 9 have been taken care of under warranty. CW doesn't even carry the line of 5th wheel that I have but they are still handling all warranty work.

In fact I received an email yesterday with an update of more parts that came in but they are still waiting on 2 more to complete my list of issues.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #53
Citrus County, Fl.

[QUOTE=DobeFanatic;951156]
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridela View Post
Register Chevy/RV in Brooksville doesn't show much for RV service on their internet site, and I can only think they prefer to work on cars than RV's.
Register is a Flagstaff Dealer and is separate from the car dealer. They have a huge service facility. Can't say if their service dept is any good as we traded before getting any warranty work done. Another dealer in Ocala is excellent, Tri-Am RV. All they sell is Forest River and have been in the business since 1967. I had a leaking ice maker line and a couple of items needing adjusting. They fixed them while I waited.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #54

I picked up parts at Sierra this morning (Aug 21) and they were loading a truck with parts and they were all going to camping world
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #55

I was told by a CW sales rep that FR will not ok any warranty work until a unit with damage is sold. For example I looked a two Cardinals. On one the steps were hanging at an angle and the other had a dent in the refrigerator door. It looks like the center island was not strapped down during shipment. If this is true I can understand CW position.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:07 AM   #56

We called several CW this winter to have warranty work. CW claimed, Forest River is slow to pay. But we had several things installed by CW when they had their installation sale and we were pleased with the results of the CW in Statesville, NC.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:32 AM   #57

I took camper to get warranty work done on camper, C/W wanted to charge C/C two hours to fix one part. I called C/C to ask about one part which they express shipped the part to C/W but the part that C/W wanted to charge two hours to fix really only cost C/C twenty bucks to make. I think C/W looks out for itself and not C/C

Old 08-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #58
Site Team

We just had some warranty work done at C/W in Robertsdale, Al and they were excellent and didn't say anything about not doing warranty work for FR. They got it done ahead of schedule and were very nice throughout the whole process.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #59

Well the way of business is to make a profit and look out for yourself. So CW wanting to sell a part instead of getting it from the factory is to be expected.
Seems like some CW do an excellent job and some do not. The same could be said of any business. That's what is nice about this forum! You can ask what kind of service someone received at specific CW.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #60

Spoke with my service tech at CW in Nashville, TN and he said they were still doing FR sales, service and warranty work. FR is slow on getting back in touch with CW, as is my experience, but dealing with a CW in Poole, GA while on vacation this past summer, they were trying to do all kinds of stuff and additional charges for warranty work on my AC unit. All depends on where you go.

Days Camped 2015 - 37
jkrise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forest river