Old 08-07-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
Why are Camping World and Forest River divorcing?

We took our Forester to our local Camping World today and learned that they are no longer doing warranty work for forest River. Does anyone have any information on this change?

Len01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
Site Team
If you bought your unit from CW, I will bet that the excellent CW network of service centers was a major part of their sales pitch????

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
Maybe FR is devorsing them
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
i haven't heard about this I dropped my wildwood CW last week for some warranty work
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
Could be many factors, slow to pay for repairs, raise floor plan pricing. We Slow part issue. Could be the dealer got caught stealing and termination of dealer sale to just a certain dealerships. Or they are going out of business.
jimmyt11664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
From my experience with Camping World in Akron Ohio Forest River is probably divorcing them because they give them a bad name. Every problem that you encounter with them they blame it on the manufacturer when actually it's not the manufacturers fault.
redcloud1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
back in the day, it was fleetwood. our local dealer was doing 100,000 warranty a month. techs spending 1.5 hours a day working and 6.5 writing. camping world has lost parts to internet sales. the local CW leases for 45000 a month. thats a lot of overhead. I would imagine FR is balking at warranty expenses...
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #8
Have had bad experiences with CW in Burlington...Claimed Slide out problems were caused by manufacturer.....won't do business with them again....
geazer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #9
I was speaking with an RV tech the other day and he warned me to steer clear of CW. He said they have had nothing but trouble with units serviced at CW. He recommended I go back to dealer I purchased from.
Comet5696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #10
Camping World is currently doing the Warranty work on my Forester 2501. It's taking awhile to get things done, but I've never been told by Camping World that they would no longer work on Forest River RVs in the future.

The ability to do warranty work on my Forester was the main reason I bought my RV from Camping World and not another dealer.

I think we need one of the Forest River Reps following this Forum to confirm or deny this allegation about the relationship between Camping World and Forest River being terminated. It might just be one Camping World dealer that is being so unscrupulous that Forest River is severing ties with them and not the whole company. We all know that warranty work varies greatly from one dealership to another and perhaps Forest River has just had enough with one particular dealer and not the whole company.

stickers is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, forest river