Old 07-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #91
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
Hi Everyone, I read alot of different forums about camping, and there seems to be an underlying tone of knocking people that only camp on weekends. I realize there's more people on the weekends, and more inexperienced people. Nobody is born knowing how to do everything, unfortunately you learn through trial and error. The reality is that the majority of people have jobs that only allow them to camp on weekends. I think it is wonderful the people that are retired, and get to camp at there leisure. After working 50 hrs. a week I really look forward to my weekend camping. So instead of being a camping snob and looking down your nose at people that haven't been camping for 20+ years, share your years of wisdom with someone you see doing something wrong. I'm sure they will appreciate it, and you could probably save them from damaging there equipment. Happy Camping, whenever you go!
Some of this maybe the campground and the attitude of the campers there.

As an example we camped last weekend at EBBY PINES Campground in Bristol IN with our grandkids ages 8 and 10. We had the last pull thru full hook-up site; site number 165 at the end of a one way road. The road was a one way going out. How many people went down this road with their GOLF CARTS; I could not count that high. A few drove thru our site to get to the other road behind us instead of turning around. Than there was the loud music being played by a group of campers on the other side of us way past quiet time. People do not control there children anymore they just let them run all over thru other campers camp sites and what have you. Or the husband yelling for his wife to get another beer for him instead of getting out of the chair and walking over to get one. Oh I know no golf cart next to him.

BTW I do not like golf carts; get out and walk the exercise may be good for you.

Maybe this is why some people look down on weekend campers.

Jim W.
2016 34RL CC; 2008 Ram Mega Cab 2500HD, 6.7L, 68RFE 6 speed, 4X4, Smarty S67
Jim34RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #92
We've never personally experienced any campground snobbery after 30 years in tents, popups, and now our HTT. Campers are a cross section of society, so there are going to be idiots, a-holes, and clueless ones among us just like in our everyday at-work/home lives.

2013 Roo 183
2012: 1042 Miles, 13 Nights camped
2013: 2772 Miles, 27 Nights camped

2014: 2259 Miles, 30 Nights camped
2015: 1644 Miles, 20 Nights camped
2016: 550 Miles, 11 Nights camped
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #93
We are weekend campers expect for our vacations. We try to get out as much in the spring and fall as possible. Even for TT we have a small trailer, but its what we wanted and its perfect for us. Just because someone paid more for something doesn't mean its better.

Honestly, if anything, we tend to look down on some of the people in Motorhomes that we see weekend camping... they don't camp. They just drive their apartment to another location. No grilling out, no fire, just sitting in the Motor home watching TV... but that's a whole different thread

We have not noticed bias towards us, but what we tend to notice is a lack of respect for others. People play their music too loud, cut through campsites, throw trash anywhere.
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #94
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I think Jesus talked about this....judging is for the Lord. Not us.

Live. Love. Laugh... as the saying goes
Well said!!

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2013 Salem Cruise light 19bh
Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline   Reply With Quote