Old 06-28-2015, 08:22 PM   #21
You hit the nail on the head...

I think it's the "birds of a feather thing." Rich folk hang together, heavy partyers party together, family groups camp together, etc. The problems often occur when different groups camp near each other and find "their space" invaded. Partyers drinking, loud and cursing next to folks with kids. Or johnny builds his campfire up wind from Rockafellow's land yacht, and smoke disturbs his brandy sipping. So many ways to clash.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #22
Who Dares, Wins
I guess we have been lucky and have not had any issues. I think as far as these forums are concerned they are pretty tame. I do get irked sometimes with the cookie cutter response to folks about "Try searching" instead of maybe just giving a bit of insight and maybe a link or two. I know when I started here it was a learning experience.

We have tent camped, pop up camped and now trailer camp. Even when we were in a tent the trailer folk were very friendly towards us. I will agree with the birds of a feather thing.. The tenters tend to hang with the tenters and the million dollar class A's stay in another part of town... I know I tend to look at the TT crowds as the weekend warriors's and long weekend campers like myself and the 5ers more of the retired or full time bunch. Not a negative view but what I have seemed to experience. But all have been friendly none the less.

I am bothered by folks not waving when we pass on the highways and by-ways though... We are all the friendly crowd while at the campgrounds but as soon as we are on the road or at a rest stop the serious face goes on and no more smiles and waves..

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #23
Looking Down Range
Well, for what it's worth, we started camping under the stars in mummy bags, then progressed to a 3-man tent, a pop-up, 2 TTs, a Class C, a fiver, a Class A (gas), and currently another Class C. We have met people from all walks of life and yes, there are some who appear to be snobs; however, when approached, they are just like we are -- maybe a bit standoff-ish at first, but darn friendly once you break the ice!
2014 Forester 3051S
2013 Ford Focus
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #24
I am new this year with my TT. I have been warned by buddies and have caught comments/advice just from reading posts here. Some bad things out there. For me, I am still going on weekends and holiday weekends to get my feet wet. I love camping without a tent. A year or two from now, I may be able to speak with experience. ��
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #25
It is the campers that do not respect your site or property. Too many weekend warriors think that they can walk were ever they want when ever they want. They have no respect for other campers and when asked to walk around your site and not through it you would think the world is coming to and end.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #26
abomb, you have a good spirit about reaching out to others. I hope to meet helpful, kind campers that will reach out to others. God knows I need direction.
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #27
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I remember a post on here, a while back, from a class A person. A few people responded trying to help with problem, and the person responded to us trailer trash by saying he only read and responded to his brand of m/n..... Then why did he (?) ask on an open forum for a fix......Don't like the answer, don't ask the question.
Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #28
Karma does come around. What you sow is what you reap.

Been by a person like that and I have to work Saturday and I get in my truck and leave. I work and live listening to diesels and it's my pet peave in a park. Don't care if you get free fuel or not. Once turbo cools off kill it. I moved away from that site and the next their sewer hose busted. They had to pay the environmental cleanup and leave the park. Heard the ruin the inside of it by not taking off their shoes. They hadn't connected the hoses together correctly.

Glad I moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:33 AM   #29
The same thing applies to fishing, I have no idea why. A lot of Captains (75%) look down on the weekend warriors, for whatever reason. I don't do any charters on the weekend due to boat traffic, and the fact that the heavy traffic puts the fish down. Never occurred to me that this happens with camping also
2015 274 RK LIMITED <'{{{{><
captainperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:02 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I think it's the "birds of a feather thing."
Hey, we FROGs don't have feathers!! :-)

Seriously, though, I agree we campers should look out for each other and be respectful for where people are in life, no matter if it's a noob or a full-timer! (Personally, I like meeting ALL kinds...and it's true, you can be a rich guy with a $200K Class-A who is a sweet as pie or a's a choice!!)

Did anybody see on the news that an RVers is the one who tipped off the NY police to the first escaped convict? Rock star!!!!

Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote