Old 06-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #31

You shouldn't have to ask people to stay off your site or control their children. How do you do that without sounding demanding? I'm not a full timer yet. I see it when camping weekends. It's called common courtesy that people no longer use. Hate to say it but people have not been taught rules of respecting others. And take offense if you try to ask them to stop a behavior.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #32

The only thing I will have a chuckle about is watching people back their trailer. So many just jump in and go and haven't towed before. If you haven't towed or had a good teacher when it comes to backing you need to practice because someday your going to find yourself in a spot where your going to have to back up. It's like the people that never learn how to parallel park a car, although after looking at a parking lot lately I see more can't park, or just don't care, than those that can.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #33
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I remember a post on here, a while back, from a class A person. A few people responded trying to help with problem, and the person responded to us trailer trash by saying he only read and responded to his brand of m/n..... Then why did he (?) ask on an open forum for a fix......Don't like the answer, don't ask the question.
Yup! I remember that post and even read one this morning about weekenders at state campgrounds being rude, crude and rookies. So the "attitude" is on this forum just as much as anywhere else.

I like coming here to read about the different solutions to problems and all the mods that people do. Lets just have fun and go camping.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I remember a post on here, a while back, from a class A person. A few people responded trying to help with problem, and the person responded to us trailer trash by saying he only read and responded to his brand of m/n..... Then why did he (?) ask on an open forum for a fix......Don't like the answer, don't ask the question.
ONE of my pet peeves.... after 35 years in customer service...I think I can form a judgment call on this. Someone asks a question...you provide a guess or an educated answer...then they argue with you... Not ask more questions...say something stupid like "that's not it!!! That chaps me...

How about saying.... hmmmmm I guess it could be...or O.K. thank you
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
Yup! I remember that post and even read one this morning about weekenders at state campgrounds being rude, crude and rookies. So the "attitude" is on this forum just as much as anywhere else...
I believe I was the recipient of his rant! Like water off a duck's back.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #36

Ohhh... One other thing. People from different parts of the world say/do things differently. DW and I were talking about this over the weekend. People are just different...Maybe not meaning to be behinds...just different.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #37

we only experienced the "snobby" attitude towards us once and it was from a couple around the same age as we are in a prevost motor coach. They just thought they were a few steps above everyone in the CG. Then in one afternoon it all changed we broke out the chicken rotisserie, pop corn machine, blender, sno cone machine for the kids, etc. and we had a nice little part on our campsite. we had about 20 or so campers there with their kids just hanging out having a good time, They kept walking by our site and kept looking, but the 5th time, I walked up to them with some drinks and said "come join us, we're all the same", they did and turned out they were pretty cool folks. The only difference was, most of us at TT and some had 5'ers, compared to their million dollar coach, but we all had one thing in common, and that was camping, meeting new folks and have a fun relaxing time. I talk to everyone, you just have to approach folks differently.
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #38
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I believe I was the recipient of his rant! Like water off a duck's back.
I just smile and wave!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #39
I Break Everything

We weekend-it a lot. My wife and I are both teachers and sports photographers. I teach middle school, my wife high school. Our kids are in college, so we weekend it as much as possible then blow it out over the summer. There are gonna be people that judge you every where you go weather you're in a tent or multi-million $$$ MH. Who cares, is my motto. We started off as tent campers, and went through all the stages. Those people that drive/walk by looking at you like they're godz...I wave at them, make eye contact, "howz it goin" bud" and usually offer them a beverage. They usually look shocked and take their tiny dogs elsewhere pretty quick...or I make a new friend and we drink a cold one. Life is too short to waste on judgmentals.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS MH
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #40

I always wave at folks while driving down the road headed camping, most don't wave back. Why? I'm excited for them going on there journey to wherever they are headed and wished I was going. Seen a lot of them going this weekend as I was also dragging my 5er and waved and smiled at all of them and only had 2 different ones wave back. I know we waved at over 20 different folks in TTs and pop ups and 5ers and MHs. I just laughed and told my wiener Dog, they are just frustrated they aren't at the camp yet or mad cause they are headed back home. We had fun either way and made our journey safely so all is good. If you see me wave please and I'll be waving also. Happy Camping.

435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper