Old 06-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #51
With 3 kiddos still at home and 1 off at college, all we can ever do is weekend camp. I smile, wave and say hello to everyone. That's just my personality. If they don't want to respond, their loss. LOL

In all honesty, I camp to spend time with my family and friends and to get a nice change of scenery. If I make new friends, then that is great. If not, I don't let unfriendly people ruin my weekend. Almost every single campground we have been to, fellow campers are nice whether they are in a Class A or a TT. I treat people the way I want to be treated. And being nice, well that costs nothing.

No Longer Newbies

2016 Trips:15 Nights:39
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #52
I camp for me and my family and could care less if people are snobby. Probably just means they aren't having as much fun as us. Advice? I only share if asked. Some time in life you learn by mistakes. Some time it takes a couple or few times before it sinks in. But snobby or not, white collar or blue, we are pretty much equal. Money doesn't make the man, his honesty and integrity does.

Nastyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #53
I've personally not seen the "knocking" of weekend campers and am glad I haven't. And as far as what OC said about noticing some folks in motorhomes having an "air" about them and that they are just a 'cut' above the 5er/tt folks. Well, would you believe that I'm invited to a fall camporee by members of a motor coach association and have been assured there is no problem with my 5er. So how about that?!

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #54

My lovely wife and I have been camping for 38 yrs. We started out with a Hillary tent for about 12 yrs. And then a 1966 Dodge Motorhome,had to get off the ground, from there we went to 5th Wheels ( 3 of them ) and now a 2010 Berk-390 BH. I hope we haven't changed from good people to bad or sniff. We talk to everyone It all brings back good memories.

We think its the way people live ( screw you! Whats in it for me ) Sorry for my English but there are some people in this world that are this way. NOT for US.we like to talk and talk etc,
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #55
NOT for US.we like to talk and talk etc
My wife tells me my tongue is loose on both ends.I'll talk your leg off.Never over advice unless asked,but I've never met a stranger.
DaveandSue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #56
The only thing that bothers myself are loud obnoxious drunks.
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #57
We're only weekenders, too. (Both still working). Happily, we've never run into any 'snob' issues - but we usually keep to ourselves. However, once when we were having some power issues and needed help, we were going from site to site 'begging' for expertise from anyone who had an idea for a fix. Not a snob in the bunch. Sorry you've run into that issue. My opinion - it's their loss.
Joe & Sue - Camp Mutts Zeke & Dazey
2008 Flagstaff Super Lite 26RKS
2008 Ford F-150

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #58

I am a retired and camp and I agree no one should criticize any camper after all if you are a real camper you to were working at sometime and were weekenders!
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #59
I have been camping since the sixties and have never noticed this. I did however feel a bit intimidated in the early days when I was camping in a large tent held together with duct tape and was surrounded by motorhomes and travel trailers. Still we always had a great time.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #60
I have not personally seen this, although it probably happens sometimes. We have met the nicest people both at campgrounds and boondocking locations. If everyone in the world was like most RVers, the world would be a much nicer place...

2010 Georgetown 373
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote