Old 07-01-2015, 07:26 AM   #81

Once and only once did we camp in a commercial campground it was back in the early 80's and it was I believe a Jellystone campground my kids wanted to go there they were I believe 5 and 6 we were in a tent and arrived on a Wed set up and had a great day next morning we had two motor homes pull in next to us we were getting the look we were only there unti Friday and after that we never camped anywhere else than in State owned campgrounds. To this day we camp in COE or state campgrounds most times without hookups kinda keeps most people away. Those that can fit their campers in these spots have always been great.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:17 AM   #82

I had a guy wander over from his mansion on wheels and watch me set up my hybrid. I excitedly told him about some of the features. He responded by telling me it is just great that I am out camping even if I can only afford a tent camper...and no need for me to feel bad.

Feel bad? I purposely down sized from a toy hauler, lol. To be fair he was a very nice guy and I don't think he meant to be condescending about my little canvas setup so no big deal. I just laughed.

I find it less funny when I go out 4 days early so I can get a river bank site and half the free world roll in Friday night, set up their chairs and fish fish from the bank on my site. There is plenty of bank area not part of camp sites if they were willing to walk 30 steps. I generally just roll my eyes and say hello but pretty annoying having your site invaded.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post

I find it less funny when I go out 4 days early so I can get a river bank site and half the free world roll in Friday night, set up their chairs and fish fish from the bank on my site. There is plenty of bank area not part of camp sites if they were willing to walk 30 steps. I generally just roll my eyes and say hello but pretty annoying having your site invaded.
That's an easy fix. Take some kids with you and have them run around at the back of your site and throw rocks into the water. Nobody will want to fish from there.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #84
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Or let max do the fishing for you?
Old 07-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #85
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ok here.

https://youtu.be/NWFouJtS_HM
Old 07-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #86

Haha, good idea. I have started taking extra chairs and setting them up there so I have a spot to fish from my own site.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #87

Lots of responses so good post!

I don't know of any snobbish campers. We are seasonal as is most of our campground community. For me the issue is behavior related. Parents need to educate their kids about campground etiquette. Sorry but it is NOT ok to walk your dog through my private sight, that I pay for and allow him to crap. It is NOT ok, for your kids to ride their bike through my camp sight, or feel that it is some kind of short cut to the next street. And seriously it is NOT ok to tie up your dog across the street from your camp sight on my tree in my yard, because you want to play corn hole and the dog gets in the way. (yes, it has happened) I don't think that correcting that behavior is being snobbish, maybe just doing/teaching common sense, or what mom and dad should have done the first time they went camping. But as Ron White says...."You can't fix stupid!"

Here's to good behavior!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #88

I haven't experienced this. Both on forumns and at campgrounds no one has been anything but friendly.

OK, maybe not always friendly in a heated debate about yapping dogs vs. screaming kids....

But certainly not judgemental over the type of RV anyone owned.

From what I have seen most RVers started out in tents or popups and made their way through upgrades that suited their tastes. I know I'm in that category.

I have my "dream" TT now (no, it's not $$$$$$$$, but it is fantastic and I love it and I can see keeping it for 10+ years), but I went from tent -->popup -->hybrid -->TT so I completely understand the joys of camping in each!

Sure, I may ponder how the heck people can stand to tent camp in Texas in July... but to each their own! I bet the spend the heat of the day in the water and have a blast.

One day, when I retire, I may get a 5er or a MH. I will still share a camaraderie with campers of all sorts.

The things that bother me about people I run into while camping happen from tent to MH. Their equipment doesn't seem to effect their behavior. GO figure -- there are nice folks and jackholes across the spectrum.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #89

Do both, now it is nicer to make it a 3 nighter though.... Week long at a park is good as well. We camp 90% at Provincial Parks and seldom have any issues. Stay away long weekends to avoid the 24 cowboys and all is well!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgail4309 View Post
I have seen the rude and the too cool for me. But we have always enjoyed our time camping. We speak and if the don't reply we don't bother them again. Some people just having a bad day or mad at the wife or husband. Never know what people have going on in their life's.
I think Jesus talked about this....judging is for the Lord. Not us.

Live. Love. Laugh... as the saying goes

Tags
camper