Although I consider myself fairly handy, I will quickly acknowledge that "my" repairs probably take many times longer than an rv tech. (I could not afford to pay myself with real dollars.) I recently experienced an electrical problem that was compounded by the fact that I "thought" a particular circuit was working correctly before. My assumption was wrong and it cost me tons of time figuring the problem out, although I did eventually figure it out, and get it repaired. I now understand the wiring to my kitchen slide way better than before.
I say that to say this; as long as the cost of parts is not huge, I much prefer to make my own repairs with my trailer parked in my own driveway. I work on it at my own pace, and in most cases, my "repair quality" is as good as or way better than any rv dealer. I made this decision accepting a certain amount of risk. If I had an air conditioner compressor lock up, I will have to spend some $. Hoping that never happens, but hoping FR will step up to the plate if it does.... I have a friend with an XLR toy hauler that has that exact problem. This unit has 3 air units, and one of them is pulling locked rotor current...less than 4 months old.
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16