Old 03-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #31

At FROG rallies, does FR have a forum to hear the voice of the customer? It sounds like they need a forum where customers can share their experiences and also so FR can give feedback and hopefully confirm they are listening and learning. FR didn't get where it is today by customers having bad experiences with products and dealers, and presuming they want to continue their momentum they need to hear directly the voices of the customers.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #32

Although I consider myself fairly handy, I will quickly acknowledge that "my" repairs probably take many times longer than an rv tech. (I could not afford to pay myself with real dollars.) I recently experienced an electrical problem that was compounded by the fact that I "thought" a particular circuit was working correctly before. My assumption was wrong and it cost me tons of time figuring the problem out, although I did eventually figure it out, and get it repaired. I now understand the wiring to my kitchen slide way better than before.
I say that to say this; as long as the cost of parts is not huge, I much prefer to make my own repairs with my trailer parked in my own driveway. I work on it at my own pace, and in most cases, my "repair quality" is as good as or way better than any rv dealer. I made this decision accepting a certain amount of risk. If I had an air conditioner compressor lock up, I will have to spend some $. Hoping that never happens, but hoping FR will step up to the plate if it does.... I have a friend with an XLR toy hauler that has that exact problem. This unit has 3 air units, and one of them is pulling locked rotor current...less than 4 months old.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingdunder1 View Post
It is an industry thing. Virtually no service after papers are signed. There are a few good dealers and they should be identified in these forums. The bad dealers should also be identified so we can stay away from them. Owners need to writ to the manufacture and let them know facts of occurances. And, if people attend a manufacturer's rally; that would be an opportunity to publicly ask top management exactly how they intend to improve. Until then, invest in some duct tape.

Good comment. Here is one dealer to avoid in San Marcos, CA. Holland is the worst. My brother-in-law is still trying to get warranty work done on his trailer. Bought new last Spring. Window in dinette warped and won't open. Has been back to dealer several times. Dealer doesn't return calls, blames manufacturer with the typical "waiting on parts" ploy. He is frustrated beyond measure. I now tell everyone I know to not do business with Holland.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #34

I believe there's opportunity for improvement by dealers and FR. I recently found a dealer who restored my faith. After a blowout on US285 in New Mexico (absolutely one of the worst, roughest roads), sent email to Carlsbad RV Service. The owner responded on a Sunday. Sent a competent tech to site on Monday. Completed basic repairs for a reasonable charge. Referred a good local tire shop. The sales side will not let a new owner leave until they are confident they understand the operations of their new rig. Great people! I would drive many miles to buy a rig from these folks.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #35

One of the techs at our dealership told me that unfortunaly we are the last 50 ft. Of the assyembly line. I believe him.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:49 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingdunder1 View Post
I believe there's opportunity for improvement by dealers and FR. I recently found a dealer who restored my faith. After a blowout on US285 in New Mexico (absolutely one of the worst, roughest roads), sent email to Carlsbad RV Service. The owner responded on a Sunday. Sent a competent tech to site on Monday. Completed basic repairs for a reasonable charge. Referred a good local tire shop. The sales side will not let a new owner leave until they are confident they understand the operations of their new rig. Great people! I would drive many miles to buy a rig from these folks.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm starting a directory to keep in the trailer when we travel. Adding Carlsbad RV Center to the "Good Ones" list. Service Department | Carlsbad RV Service Center New Mexico