Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #21

It's a camper!

Maybe the manufacturer's want you to have the whole "roughing it" experience.

You can get anything you want in it if you have the money
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
It's a camper!

Maybe the manufacturer's want you to have the whole "roughing it" experience.

You can get anything you want in it if you have the money
I want a single unit, installed in the wall from the factory, that has HDMI output, blu-ray, bluetooth, 3 zones, a great user interface, from a top notch 12V company that works as it should every time with no glitches.

If I can get this, I'm not aware of it. I suppose I could call up one of the companies and offer a few million and they could design and build them. With many floorplans, adding home type systems isn't really feasible because there isn't a place to put them.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I want a single unit, installed in the wall from the factory, that has HDMI output, blu-ray, bluetooth, 3 zones, a great user interface, from a top notch 12V company that works as it should every time with no glitches.

If I can get this, I'm not aware of it. I suppose I could call up one of the companies and offer a few million and they could design and build them. With many floorplans, adding home type systems isn't really feasible because there isn't a place to put them.
my current camper did not come with a TV, so I added my own, plus a $69 blue ray player and hdmi. I just hate the look of the wires everywhere and would much prefer a cleaner-looking integrated solution. My current camper is an entry level model so I don't expect all the bells and whistles, but we're looking at moving up to the next level unit and would have been nice feature to have. Heck, my current radio/cd player in my camper now doesn'teven have a remote control, I have to get off my butt to turn adjust the volume... what the heck is THAT all about?!?!?

P.S. - I don't go camping and watch movies all the time. but it's nice on a rainy day, or when I am traveling for our business for a month and not staying in 'real' campgrounds with their ameneties(sp).
steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #24

You can purchase a play station To install. That IA was hat we did at home. They will play regular DVD and Blu Ray format.
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #25
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Pictures show the standard to be RGB6 cable coming down from the cabinet?

Used 2013 Forest River Aviator Travel Trailers For Sale In Avondale, AZ - AVO615668 - Camping World

I'm just saying......
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #26
Site Team

Thumbs up

As was said, it's about the money.
you can find them in the higher end units, but I think the majority of campers or RV'ers aren't that concerned about Blu-Ray, cause most are camping to get away from that kind of stuff.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #27

I would bet ya a coke zero that if you look in the FR supply warehouse they still have a couple thousand of the units they are installing and until they run out they ain't going to upgrade all the units ,just the ones that they get more money for. Replaced the stove fan Motor in my 2011 the date of mfg on the one taken out was 2009. Just my opinion but they ain't throw them away.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post

I don't believe there is a single unit made by anyone that has HDMI output which is why there is also no blueray. Some specs list HDMI for units but that HDMI is an input only...so you could hook up an external Blue ray and play it back through the <400 line resolution of the composite video jack
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #29

I would agree that most campers do not care about watching a movie with 1080P resolution in a TT even if it raining or cold. Also they probably have a huge stock of the 480P cheap parts and quality units before they start replacing with highend surround sound. What we do is all the bluray disks we buy that come with the second SD DVD we just leave it in the TT and keep the bluray in the house. But it will come a time when some company will have to develop a bluray receiver for a TT for upgrading, we are going through that now as our cheap concertone died and needs to be replaced and I will be hellbent to pay $750 cdn for a replacement.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
I don't believe there is a single unit made by anyone that has HDMI output which is why there is also no blueray. Some specs list HDMI for units but that HDMI is an input only...so you could hook up an external Blue ray and play it back through the <400 line resolution of the composite video jack

Not an all-in-one, but there is this unit:

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-AVDBR.../dp/B009CW6YZC

It's downfall is 1) it's only a player and 2) it's Audiovox.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #31

A Blue Ray that an RV manuf would spec. would only cost about $20 more over a DVD. that cost would be passed on to the consumer. and DVD`s can be used in a Blue Ray player. as for HDMI.....it would just be run to the TV, no big deal running an HDMI cable behind a TV.

If they are offering everything else that is newer such as Bluetooth, flatscreens, LED lights, then why not a Blue Ray player?

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #32
Team Bleu

Mine came equipment with a full media system, but since it was my husband's hobby, he just bought and installed a Blue Ray along with the other equipment in both rooms. I show dogs so lots of my training DVD's are not done in blue ray like all my new movies.
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:39 AM   #33

Send a message via AIM to B and B
My genesis has HDMI out on my 2013 Rockwood It is not connected when built. I added HDMI to view DVD's. We have never watched one yet. What I would like is a Optical or Coaxial input to Genesis that I can route the signal from my Satellite Receiver to get some sort of surround audio off of that source. The Opt/Coax digital input works but has a design fault, has some High Frequency noise on it. I use standard RCA connections and old style audio. As far as audio in most or not all trailers the surround speaker setup does not match any seating arrangement where you could hear surround from. Even some trailers put all 5 speakers in the cabinet below the TV, often a budget combo DVD Receiver. Once the AC is turned on you can not hear anything worthwhile. A higher quality sound bar, with blue tooth and with a subwoofer would be more practical IMHO.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #34

Ancient technology with a bit of new mixed in

I agree with Dodge Guy, it's not $$ that keep BD out of our RVs. One can buy a BD player for under $50 so $10 more should put a BD in a Genesis/Concertone. The Genesis 3.0 has HDMI out and optical sound in but only RCA NTSC and right/left AV input. That's 2000's technology mixed with early 80's technology. It doesn't even have component video in (1990's technology). It's a very strange concoction. And, what's with just 20W to the subwoofer? With 20W per channel to the other five channes, the subwoofer should be at least 80W (sub frequencies take half the power in a typical home theater). The Genesis 3.0 is just a weird concoction of new and old. I see Crutchfield says it is no longer available. Hopefully that suggests a 4.0 is due out soon. Maybe it will be 1990's and later technology.
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #35

My new one came with one in the living room area. They are out there. Just in smaller quantities.

Tim
Vengeance touring edition 39R12
2012 Ram 3500 DRW
riznfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
Blue rays are associated HDMI. I haven't heard of any manufactures running HDMI through out their rigs. I'm going to agree with "It's the cost".
In my case the extra cost would have been $2 for a 3' HDMI cable, assuming they buy in quantity and get reasonable quality (the Genesis 3.0 is just 2' from the TV). There is a second TV in the bedroom, but it has access only to an antenna (or cable) so no need for HDMI there (though it would be nice to be able to play a BD on that set). So, $10 for a BD player and $3 for an HDMI cable. And maybe a faster processor to handle the larger data stream associated with a BD (add another $5). A total of $18. Make that $25 to add an HDMI cable to the bedroom.

This said, my Genesis 3.0 has a regular DVD player and HDMI out, so needs an HDMI cable to the TV regardless of whether it's BD or not. HDMI has been the standard for all DVD players going back some years before the advent of BD.
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #37
I Break Everything

I agree, the upgrades should happen. Eventually dvd will fall by the wayside. I enjoy all kinds of media and really like the picture and sound a blue ray delivers. I'm basically an old kid. We have gaming consoles that have blue ray and laptops with blue ray, we can hdmi those to the TVs, and do. But, I did just invest in a portable turntable to plug into the surround system. I love vinyl records.

mk

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper