Old 02-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #31
A Blue Ray that an RV manuf would spec. would only cost about $20 more over a DVD. that cost would be passed on to the consumer. and DVD`s can be used in a Blue Ray player. as for would just be run to the TV, no big deal running an HDMI cable behind a TV.

If they are offering everything else that is newer such as Bluetooth, flatscreens, LED lights, then why not a Blue Ray player?

02 Ford Excursion V-10 4.30 gears 5 Star Tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar Rear Airbags
Prodigy and Dual Cam
07 Cherokee 32B
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #32
Team Bleu
Mine came equipment with a full media system, but since it was my husband's hobby, he just bought and installed a Blue Ray along with the other equipment in both rooms. I show dogs so lots of my training DVD's are not done in blue ray like all my new movies.

DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #33
My genesis has HDMI out on my 2013 Rockwood It is not connected when built. I added HDMI to view DVD's. We have never watched one yet. What I would like is a Optical or Coaxial input to Genesis that I can route the signal from my Satellite Receiver to get some sort of surround audio off of that source. The Opt/Coax digital input works but has a design fault, has some High Frequency noise on it. I use standard RCA connections and old style audio. As far as audio in most or not all trailers the surround speaker setup does not match any seating arrangement where you could hear surround from. Even some trailers put all 5 speakers in the cabinet below the TV, often a budget combo DVD Receiver. Once the AC is turned on you can not hear anything worthwhile. A higher quality sound bar, with blue tooth and with a subwoofer would be more practical IMHO.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #34
Ancient technology with a bit of new mixed in

I agree with Dodge Guy, it's not $$ that keep BD out of our RVs. One can buy a BD player for under $50 so $10 more should put a BD in a Genesis/Concertone. The Genesis 3.0 has HDMI out and optical sound in but only RCA NTSC and right/left AV input. That's 2000's technology mixed with early 80's technology. It doesn't even have component video in (1990's technology). It's a very strange concoction. And, what's with just 20W to the subwoofer? With 20W per channel to the other five channes, the subwoofer should be at least 80W (sub frequencies take half the power in a typical home theater). The Genesis 3.0 is just a weird concoction of new and old. I see Crutchfield says it is no longer available. Hopefully that suggests a 4.0 is due out soon. Maybe it will be 1990's and later technology.
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #35
My new one came with one in the living room area. They are out there. Just in smaller quantities.

Vengeance touring edition 39R12
2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Vengeance touring edition 39R12
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
riznfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #36
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
Blue rays are associated HDMI. I haven't heard of any manufactures running HDMI through out their rigs. I'm going to agree with "It's the cost".
In my case the extra cost would have been $2 for a 3' HDMI cable, assuming they buy in quantity and get reasonable quality (the Genesis 3.0 is just 2' from the TV). There is a second TV in the bedroom, but it has access only to an antenna (or cable) so no need for HDMI there (though it would be nice to be able to play a BD on that set). So, $10 for a BD player and $3 for an HDMI cable. And maybe a faster processor to handle the larger data stream associated with a BD (add another $5). A total of $18. Make that $25 to add an HDMI cable to the bedroom.

This said, my Genesis 3.0 has a regular DVD player and HDMI out, so needs an HDMI cable to the TV regardless of whether it's BD or not. HDMI has been the standard for all DVD players going back some years before the advent of BD.
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #37
I Break Everything
I agree, the upgrades should happen. Eventually dvd will fall by the wayside. I enjoy all kinds of media and really like the picture and sound a blue ray delivers. I'm basically an old kid. We have gaming consoles that have blue ray and laptops with blue ray, we can hdmi those to the TVs, and do. But, I did just invest in a portable turntable to plug into the surround system. I love vinyl records.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS MH
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote