Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #91
RV Newbie

How does 200 campers a day EVERYDAY of the year not become a problem? I mean, if you get a free pass to dump as you please that means everyone else can too.

Your grey water flows thru the same pipe that black water flows over, treat it as you would black water. [moderator edit]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFugate

Lol! How does my dumping 5 gallons of soap water in the woods end up a "mysterious puddle in the middle of an otherwise dry campsite"? Please don't exaggerate in your answers, it really questions your credibility.

Unless you collect all your waste from washing your car or RV you are just as guilty of dumping grey water as the person who dumps some from their RV. Now where do you think the grey water from washing your car/RV goes? Most likely in the streets where all the children play. Do you know what will be washed with the grey water from your driveway? Oil and other petroleum products which have been proven to cause cancer.

Some people are standing on very unstable soap boxes in this thread

This was a good thread until people starting acting other peoples characters

1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
Old 09-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFugate View Post
Really? If your camper combines the two you must have a rather unigue/older camper? I've never seen a TT combine the black and grey water into the same tank.
I think what he meant was that on most trailers, the kitchen sink waste goes into our grey tanks; and that according to him kitchen waste is black waste.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #93

My prediction is this thread goes to 15 pages!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #94

This thread has become pretty preachy now. Lots of mother hens telling the rest of the world what they do and do not approve of. I feel like I am in a discussion of the BAL tire leveler or something.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlus View Post
This thread has become pretty preachy now. Lots of mother hens telling the rest of the world what they do and do not approve of. I feel like I am in a discussion of the BAL tire leveler or something.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T READ IT.
BUT, A LITTLE EDUCATION GOES A LONG WAY.

THE STATES THAT ALLOW GREY WATER USAGE FOR IRRIGATION HAVE STRICT GUIDELINES IN PLACE THIS WATER MUST NOT COME IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH HUMANS OR ANY EDIBLE PLANTS AS THE POSSIBILTY OF SPREADING VIRUSES AND BACTERIA IS HIGH.

http://www.emro.who.int/ceha/pdf/Gre...ish%202006.pdf
Old 09-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I think what he meant was that on most trailers, the kitchen sink waste goes into our grey tanks; and that according to him kitchen waste is black waste.
Maybe he did. I took it that he meant the grey and black were combined into one tank. Either way I would disagree what he says, even though he has every right to say it and not be called names
Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #97

I am new to TT camping and use this forum to seek good insight to the proper use of all my systems that came with the TT. I went for a five day trip over labor day it was only the 3rd trip with our new TT. This is the first time that we use the black or grey systems, and I found myself as i checked the levels of thinking that i may need to get a portable tank because of our useage. As i discussed this with a friend we were camping with he said just run your hose over to the edge of the trees, and let it go but dont let the park people see you do it they frown on it. That made me think that if i have to be sneaky about it do i want to do it.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #98

Yes, I realized after I had a fit and reacted. OOPS! I have never blogged before and now I realize it is a reply to the thread and not to an individual. Sorry and thanks for the information.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #99

And yet nobody has addresed the issue if watering lawns and creating high phosphorous runoff, or washing a vehicle or any number of other far more harmful water usage practices, like swimming in a lake! You are infecting that lake with coliform bacteria with that swimming! Run for the hills!.

As I said very early in the thread, I don't have a gray water tank, I have a sink that drains into a bucket outside... We brush teeth and wash hands in the sink... We use dr. Brommers Castile soap (the peppermint oil flavor actually) for washing. I have no guilt or regret in using some of this water to douse the campfire each night... We may fill a 5gal bucket over the course of a three day weekend. Seems silly to use fresh water to douse a fire when all that is in our "dirty" water is biodegradable soap and dirt dirt, soil particulate.

Its not like I'm running a garbage disposal onto the surface of the campsite - though from some of the posts here you'd think this is what's happening all over.

I have a hard time believing anyone in an enthusiasts forum to be intentionally and deliberately destructive to nature or the recreation sport, so personally I try to give these ppl the benefit of the doubt and assume the best of intentions and actions. I think people who care about this hobby probably think before they act and use sound judgment on a case by case basis.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #100
(Kim)

The reason we all come on this forum is because not one of us knows all the answers.
We all need help/advice on certain subjects and there always seems to be good, positive support given here =]

Then we have this thread/topic in which this is not the case, as it seems that some people don't want to educate themselves.
I however do, and find this topic interesting, and have learned alot on this subject via some of the helpful replies and my own searches.

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Closed Thread