Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #51

I would think that tenters could potentially use more water. They go to the taps and run them doing dishes and rinsing or washing themselves or clothes with soap suds all over the place. They don't have a tank to consider and they don't have a tank that they have to maintain. They use the water and toss it at the back of the site. I would almost put up money that they use as much or more.

My fresh is 30 gal and my grey is 30 gal. When I am out of fresh my grey is getting close.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #52

Most CG have sinks for the tenters use. They also use the showers at the CG. I have never seen a tenter washing themselves or their clothes at a water tap.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Most CG have sinks for the tenters use. They also use the showers at the CG. I have never seen a tenter washing themselves or their clothes at a water tap.
You're lucky. Witnessed it more than once this year! And they were adults too!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #54

I think water use should be banned at campgrounds. Obviously we stupid humans can't be trusted to handle water so it's best to just prohibit water use altogether.

The drama in this thread is comical, I think people really just love to tell others how to behave.

If it's not drinkable we shouldn't dump it in the woods? You drinking from many wetlands, ponds, rivers, streams, puddles lately?

I would never dump a tank of anything, but a bucket of dirty water to put the fire out? Hell yeah! Now I am not talking a bucket of bacon grease or a bucket of soapy water, I'm not talking a bucket of food scraps. In all my years camping at all types of campgrounds, I've NEVER run across a campsite that looked like someone dumped a tank of inappropriate water,

We water plants with rainwater from the gutters, I wouldn't drink it but it's no dirtier than the water I'd make washing my hands in the sink.

People need to chill. You worry about your stuff, you let me worry about mine.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #55

If it is any consulation, I worked for the park service for 33 years and caught a few people doing this.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERBOB View Post
If it is any consulation, I worked for the park service for 33 years and caught a few people doing this.
What did you do to them?
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Old 09-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
If we all considered it "acceptable" to do this, and everyone emptied their gray tank at the campsite or into the woods, just think what would would happen over time.

I like to think of the people who camp as true nature lovers who go out of their way to protect the environment.
In any 'protected park' you are not allowed to even take a stick or rock out of the park because you are disturbing the ecosystem.

Just think what dumping a tankful of water mixed with antibacterial soap , anti dandruff shampoo and the other various chemically laden products people use would do.

Remember:
Morally admirable people to the right thing even when nobody is looking =]
Are you kidding me, when there was an oil spill out a sea and the animals that were affected by this had oil all over them guess what the number one cleaner was - you got it dish soap!!!! And you people are worried that grey water is going to kill everything off - guess who the ignorant people really are???? I also will dump my grey water on the ground if and I quote "IF" I really need to.

HAPPY CAMPING "EH" !!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Seen a guy one time late at night just slightly pulling his grey handle to allow it the drip but it was more like a steady trickle.
I was sitting under my awning in the dark so when he went inside to go to bed I slide on over and shut it off.
next day he was scratching his head. Later he hooked up tt and went to dump .
I'm geussing he was full on grey and decided he'd drain over night so he didn't have to dump.
I foiled that plan! COME ON!

Sorry to say it but if I ever caught anyone and I meen anyone touching my trailer for any reason I would break their fingures!! So next time you think you are going to be a hero, maybe take a few steps back and reconsider the consiquences!! Please don't take this as directed straight at you but how would you like it if you caught someone touching your trailer and do you really think that soapy water is that bad!!!!

HAPPY CAMPING "EH" !!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
Actually We had a lemon tree that had roots burst into a sewer pipe we had. That sucker got water every time the sink was run and toilet flushed Needless to say it was the BEST producing LEMON tree anyone probably saw They were the JUCIEST Lemons we'd ever seen. In fact back in the days people out in the country would have their Washing Machine Drain go to the outside to water stuff.
And do you or your familly have extra limbs growing now from eating the lemons... Probably not!!!!!

HAPPY CAMPING "EH" !!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Shabby - Three posts in the same thread in 20 minutes. How many cups of coffee did you drink today?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Closed Thread