Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #61

Just had my 38’ MH washed, waxed and fully detailed for $350.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #62

When we bought our first motorhome, which was a Forest River product, the dealer wouldn't allow a test drive without a down payment and signed purchase contract. We thought it odd, but didn't know any different and bought the motorhome. Lucky for us, we loved it and kept it for five years. When we bought our second motorhome, it was another brand, and the dealer experience was so excellent and pleasing ... we were in awe. They offered us a test drive without any hesitation. And they haven't disappointed us since then either!
Old 07-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #63

Walk walk walk

When I can’t decide what I want to do that’s when I decide what I won’t do. What I won’t do is lay down big money for something I can’t drive or have my own guy check out. Tell them to have a nice life and take a walk. You’ll feel better
Steppenout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #64

Thumbs down Refuse test drive

You said a 2019, isn't it coming with a warranty?
Pontoon Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #65

I would say its the way i want it or i walk. Be prepared to walk. Move on
gricardsimplycol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:25 PM   #66

I would be so far gone, my shadow couldn’t keep up....
If you’re this timid on the deal before there’s even a deal, you’ll hate yourself the morning after it follows you home....
Get the heck outa there!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #67

Maybe it’s a phone purchase policy / out of state policy or something but we’ve bought an Entegra Anthem and Dynamax Isata 3 from them and pre-paperwork/deposit test drove both of them. We enjoy stopping in there and looking at all the new coaches which are completely open.
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:35 PM   #68

I might be wrong but op never said he couldn’t test drive it. To paraphrasing from a dealership perspective. You never taken time to come to my dealership, you argue to have 3rd party inspect the MH ( one you probably haven’t met either but willing to trust ) Once your inspector tells you unit is good. You want me to pretend it’s sold not show it to anyone because you may or may not get your own financing, you may or may not show up, when and if you show up you still may or may not buy a perfect mh because you don’t like the way it drives. At some point the OP needed to pay to keep playing. He appears to have done so.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #69

I didn't buy from MHRSV, found a smaller dealer that was way way more personable. Move on. ORDER and get what you want.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:10 AM   #70

How many miles on the unit? Being new not sure your concern past floorplan and how a big rv drives.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose074 View Post
I might be wrong but op never said he couldn’t test drive it. To paraphrasing from a dealership perspective. You never taken time to come to my dealership, you argue to have 3rd party inspect the MH ( one you probably haven’t met either but willing to trust ) Once your inspector tells you unit is good. You want me to pretend it’s sold not show it to anyone because you may or may not get your own financing, you may or may not show up, when and if you show up you still may or may not buy a perfect mh because you don’t like the way it drives. At some point the OP needed to pay to keep playing. He appears to have done so.
I think you hit the nail on the head from the dealers perspective.

I don't think you can expect the same level of commitment from a dealer if you are out of town vice showing up on their lot. They probably have heard a thousand times about the guy who will show up this weekend to purchase, only to have a no-show. Can't really blame them for being suspect. Granted, getting a third party inspection done, shows a different level of commitment, but still, you're in Wash State, and dealer is in Texas.

Glad you worked it out though.

Mike

Mike
Old 07-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #72

ALVARADO RV dealer

Go across the interstate in ALVARADO to Holiday. None of nonsense like that there!

Randy (& Elaine) Corbin
georandycorbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #73
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by georandycorbin View Post
Go across the interstate in ALVARADO to Holiday. None of nonsense like that there!
As per the OP, the dealer has the only ONE in the country of the particular RV he wants....so that is why he has to deal or not deal with this certain dealer

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #74
obi

Your the Boss

Look bottom line. You are the consumer and that puts you in charge since they need you. If people remembered that when they are shopping, consumers would be better off. Do you go to your boss and tell him what your going to do and how you are going to do it and he will pay you and like it. I think not, he will show you the door and get someone else to do the job. Consumers should do the same when spending their money. You just have the case of I must have. Lose it and step back and think rationally. Businesses that make you put down a deposit so that for one purpose only..... TO LOCK YOU INTO A PURCHASE. if not the item you put a deposit on, then something else. Another words they got you because they know you won't walk away from your huge deposit. If a deal or business transaction doesn't feel right it probably isn't. Trust your gut.
obi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #75

There are way too many dealers who WANT you to test drive a RV. Forget that dealer completely.
All part of what I learned early in life in sales as a "puppy dog close" Get your product in a prospective buyers hands and write the sales.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #76

Maybe you should try Colrain family RV in Cincinnati. We drove 4 hrs up there from western Kentucky and it was a great experience. They requested a deposit between picking out a rig and the PDI/purchase the next week. Absolutely no problems. We dealt directly with the internet sales manager Matt. Oh btw, we saved over $9000 by driving up there over our local rv dealership
Bdlnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #77

To all of you that are suggesting different dealers, perhaps you missed it in the OP's post, and wmtires post. THIS DEALER HAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE COUNTRY of the particular model OP wants.

Mike
Old 07-27-2019, 11:14 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by walaby View Post
To all of you that are suggesting different dealers, perhaps you missed it in the OP's post, and wmtires post. THIS DEALER HAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE COUNTRY of the particular model OP wants.

Mike

The original thread started five months back. Could have ordered one and be driving it away about now.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #79

MHSRV??? They were sold and the experiences since have been abysmal. ( I am being very kind ). I will never purchase from them again. The impression is that the new ownership is squeezing every penny they can out of all departments. Service Techs have numerous positions unfilled, no more free wash after spending bucks on service, help that apologizes for what they have to do, the list goes on ...
DTordoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, fuse