Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #21

I also walk on my slide all the time. Never had a problem.
retire057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #22

I would worry more if I couldn’t walk on my slide. I had that before in my pop-up, lol
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #23

I walk on mine all the time both roof @ slides never a problem.

2017 Hemisphere 276RLIS
Danny bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:14 AM   #24

Slide outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggonzo View Post
I just picked up my first trailer this past weekend. I intend to write a review later. After the inside and outside of the PDI was complete, I climbed up on the roof to inspect it. I saw footsteps all over the roof and on both slides. I have the Rockwood 2707WS which has opposing slides in the living area. I did a search on the Forum and found a thread in which someone asked if it's ok to walk on the slideouts to clean them. Most of the forum members that replied suggested not to walk on the roof of the slides.

I asked the tech doing the PDI and he did not know. He then stated he does not recall seeing a new trailer delivered that did not have footsteps on the slides.

Later as I was finishing up, I saw the manager and asked him the same question. He said the same thing, had not seen one show up to the dealership from the factory without footsteps.

I am glad they both worked when we did our initial overnight camp but It seemed odd to me that I would have several footsteps on both slide outs.

While looking at a new RV w/slides a salesman was on the roof with me when he jumped off on to the slide supposedly to show me how well built it was. I told him I would never buy a RV from any dealer where he worked. I also notified the Manager and left the dealership
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:22 AM   #25

I have walked on my previous rv slides that did not have toppers occasionally to get tree stuff off that was near the gasket. I am only 180lbs and wife said she could see the slide roof bowing slightly. I don’t believe slide roofs have the strength the main roof does so only do that if really needed and you are not heavy. I do not see any reason why that would hurt the slide in its mechanical functionality at all. I have done it many years without issue.
gkochel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #26

My slide roofs are rock-solid and don’t flex at all when I walk on them. Maybe all slide roofs are not created equal.

Bruce
Old 09-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggonzo View Post
Later as I was finishing up, I saw the manager and asked him the same question. He said the same thing, had not seen one show up to the dealership from the factory without footsteps.

...... It seemed odd to me that I would have several footsteps on both slide outs.

The first statement explains it - the footsteps happened at the factory.
They walk all over the roof and slides during construction - to apply sealant and later inspect things.
BobandArlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #28

Thanks
brianpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:40 PM   #29
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkochel View Post
I have walked on my previous rv slides that did not have toppers occasionally to get tree stuff off that was near the gasket. I am only 180lbs and wife said she could see the slide roof bowing slightly. I don’t believe slide roofs have the strength the main roof does so only do that if really needed and you are not heavy. I do not see any reason why that would hurt the slide in its mechanical functionality at all. I have done it many years without issue.

X2

I'm a buck 75 and the wife said she see the roof flex while I was getting rid of some stubborn leaves this afternoon while closing up. The flexing was right at the wall seal. Hopefully it will be a rare occurrence that I will have to walk on the slide.
And this is on a 2013 Rockwood Signature super slide.

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, slide