Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastRV'er View Post
I'm very happy with my Verizon 4G hotspot with one exception (data limit 3GB). I've been doing some research and find that Millenicom uses Verizon's 4G network for their Hotspot plan which gives 20GB for $70/month.

Does anyone use Millenicom?

I was on call this past weekend when my Internet went out. I had to use the company wifi which is the 4g LTE. It never missed a beat. As I said before, I live in rural Alabama where cell coverage goes to die.

Travel Trailer - 2014 - Salem 26TBUD
Tow Vehicle - 2004 F150 SuperCrew 4X4 Lariat 5.4L
Nights Camped 2014 - 5; Scheduled - 6
sandkreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastRV'er View Post
I'm very happy with my Verizon 4G hotspot with one exception (data limit 3GB). I've been doing some research and find that Millenicom uses Verizon's 4G network for their Hotspot plan which gives 20GB for $70/month.

Does anyone use Millenicom?
I do not, but I've heard nothing but good about it.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #23

The Verizon MIFI Jetpack is the newest model. We have one and take it everywhere. If you already have a Verizon Cell Phone account, it's $50 for the card with a $50 rebate and only $20 per month. Up to 10 users at a time on the jetpack too. How can you go wrong
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
The Verizon MIFI Jetpack is the newest model. We have one and take it everywhere. If you already have a Verizon Cell Phone account, it's $50 for the card with a $50 rebate and only $20 per month. Up to 10 users at a time on the jetpack too. How can you go wrong
How much data do you get for $20/month?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #25

I will haveto check, but I use it for work sometimes when travelling and me and the DW just use it for the ipads when camping. Never went over
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #26

I have found that any booster will not help. It requires at a minimum of -85db. I only get -113db. So an amplifier or boost will not help. So that kills hot spot and several other methods including through Dish which relies on cell signal. I have a hard getting info from Hugh's Net so I can see what sandkreese is talking about. Still searching
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #27

we use Shaw Direct out of Calgary for satellite TV but any US based service will do. They provide the dish and all the add on stuff- minimal needed. You buy the stand. Use Dish pointer to align your dish to whatever satellite your provider uses / has in space. with dish pointer you get all the angles/ degrees/ azimuth from your lap top. You have to have an idea where you might be stopping in order to get the right data from the satellite prior to parking-there might be no inter net where are camp over night. RV parks usually provide your co ordinates for those with a dish. Works great for our needs- watched Canadian news and sports from the West coast while in Phoenix and all the way North up I 5.enjoy
canada goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
we use Shaw Direct out of Calgary for satellite TV but any US based service will do. They provide the dish and all the add on stuff- minimal needed. You buy the stand. Use Dish pointer to align your dish to whatever satellite your provider uses / has in space. with dish pointer you get all the angles/ degrees/ azimuth from your lap top. You have to have an idea where you might be stopping in order to get the right data from the satellite prior to parking-there might be no inter net where are camp over night. RV parks usually provide your co ordinates for those with a dish. Works great for our needs- watched Canadian news and sports from the West coast while in Phoenix and all the way North up I 5.enjoy
That's TV... not Internet service.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #29

TV seems to be easy. Internet not so much unless you get a cell signal. No cell, means no internet so far.
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote