Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #1

Wifi Blues..

We have just started on our new adventures, all parks are advertising we have WIFI, but so far batting 2 out of 2, just not happening, I have an iPad and iPhone, Verizon is our carrier, is there some kind of boost or something..yes I've tried using my iPhone as a hot spot, still nothing, just getting a hit or miss
Cindi Mac

Cindi Mac
Cindimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindimac View Post
We have just started on our new adventures, all parks are advertising we have WIFI, but so far batting 2 out of 2, just not happening, I have an iPad and iPhone, Verizon is our carrier, is there some kind of boost or something..
Cindi Mac
Take a look at the WiFi Ranger - it is the GoTo WiFi Booster!
https://wifiranger.com
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #3

Alternative if the wifi booster doesn't work is to get a mifi. I work from the rv and often am in areas where wifi booster does not help. Then I use this http://www.verizonwireless.com/inter...ck-mifi-6620l/. I have verizon coverage so just need to make sure I stay within their coverage area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #4

Wifi blues

Cindimac. I found Verizon has a small device called a. Mi fi. Or jet pac which makes your Mh or whatever it's own hot spot and supposed to be secure also. Not the case while at a cg might check it out. I got one but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #5
Site Team

Park WiFi has nothing to do with your phone carrier. You may need to search for park WiFi and connect before you can use it, In addition most park WiFi I have seen does not cover the entire park, Check the Park office and ask where WiFi coverage is, and pass code once you are close. Several parks I visited this past year had WiFi only when in or near the Park Office/Park Store.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #6

I have a range extender for my laptop. It definitely helps increase the signal, but most of the time that is not the problem. The problem is, I believe, with bandwidth. Most are not capable of sharing multiple users and generating good connectivity and speed. At least that has been my perceived experience.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #7

I use a Verizon Jetpack with a Wilson Trucker antenna.....works very good!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #8

I agree with gasman on this one. A lot of campground advertise wifi, but they only bring in a single broadband connection of 3,6 or if your lucky a 10meg connection. Your lucky in your own home to get 4 or 5 devices running good on that. Now take a campground with 50 to 100 plus campsites. As for the mifi, that is pretty much the same as taking an iPad or an iPhone and turning it into a hotspot so of doing that is not working getting another device that is a hotspot will give you the same results.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #9

Wifi Blues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
I use a Verizon Jetpack with a Wilson Trucker antenna.....works very good!

Thanks for the information, an antenna never crossed my mind...boy I feel like I've got you all watching my back..lol, Cpaulsen what type of Wilson Trucker Antenna (model)I went on Amazon and there are a million.. Haha.looking forward to your information, and I agree that the jet pack is just like using my hotspot, but cost me more bucks to use and it doesn't help much😥😥 and also losing a night sleep regarding this, we are out in the desert, and I'm sure here in Gila Bend not a whole of towers..👿👿👿
Happy trails
Cindi Mac

Cindi Mac
Cindimac is offline   Reply With Quote