Old 06-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #21
ARLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
How about getting out and enjoying the outside. If you just wanted to sit around and listen to music, you could've stayed home and done that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stop! Do you mean actually going outside for recreational purposes???
How last decade is that? Hiking, swimming, socializing and such?? Do people still do that?

Old 06-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #22
ARLO

For the 4th of July, we are going to Four Winds Camping "Resort" in the middle of Nowhere, NY where there is no phone, no wifi, no cable and the closest McDonalds is 15 miles away. How can they get away with calling this a camping resort??? I am starting signs of Psychosis, paranoia and withdrawal!! Thankfully, I have all 5 seasons of Babylon 5 and all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD in the trailer. That, along with several bottles of wine will gedt me through this rough time..

LOL

Old 06-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #23

Can't we all just get along? I am saddened by the comments to this query. I frequently visit state parks with my MicroLite 21FBRS and have never been disturbed by loud music or bright lights. Most park visitors are there to relax and enjoy life's treasures. Seems to me that complainers can dry camp in the middle of the desert or stay home if they don't want to be bothered. Parks are for everyone, and a little courtesy goes a long way. Now to reply to the question, I, too, have commented about little to no cell phone or wifi strength in Texas state parks. Then, I realized that this may actually be a good thing. I visit parks to escape the hustle and noise of life. I spend hours each day addicted to electronic devices. As an RV virgin, I spent valuable time trying to connect to a cell tower or wifi antenna. Then I said to myself, "What did RV'rs do before cell phones and wifi / internet?" Lo and behold, they took walks, they swam in cool rivers, they read books, they meditated, they played cards and dominos, they relaxed and rested. A park ranger told me that weak Wi-Fi signals are intentional. Park administrators don't want visitors stuck in their trailers glued to the internet when nature has much to offer. My 2 cents.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector517 View Post
Can't we all just get along? I am saddened by the comments to this query. I frequently visit state parks with my MicroLite 21FBRS and have never been disturbed by loud music or bright lights. Most park visitors are there to relax and enjoy life's treasures. Seems to me that complainers can dry camp in the middle of the desert or stay home if they don't want to be bothered. Parks are for everyone, and a little courtesy goes a long way. Now to reply to the question, I, too, have commented about little to no cell phone or wifi strength in Texas state parks. Then, I realized that this may actually be a good thing. I visit parks to escape the hustle and noise of life. I spend hours each day addicted to electronic devices. As an RV virgin, I spent valuable time trying to connect to a cell tower or wifi antenna. Then I said to myself, "What did RV'rs do before cell phones and wifi / internet?" Lo and behold, they took walks, they swam in cool rivers, they read books, they meditated, they played cards and dominos, they relaxed and rested. A park ranger told me that weak Wi-Fi signals are intentional. Park administrators don't want visitors stuck in their trailers glued to the internet when nature has much to offer. My 2 cents.
Well, I must say, you are lucky that you have never been disturbed by nearby rude campers. I think you are in the minority. I have not been so fortunate, which is why I commented not on the OP but on the followup post. Now regarding all of us getting along. Your solution is for anyone who does not agree with you is call them complainers and suggest they stay at home? Great example of getting along. I have to comment however that the rest of your post describes very accurately my style of camping. Get away from the hustle and bustle and noise of everyday life and enjoy the great outdoors. Keeping music and any other noise at a level as to not disturb your neighbor is everyone's responsibility and just plain being nice. Unfortunately, in too many cases these days it is not practiced.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
How about getting out and enjoying the outside. If you just wanted to sit around and listen to music, you could've stayed home and done that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
X2
If you do get it working----please no outside speakers!

Tags
antenna, radio