Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #1

Wildwood Travel Trailer 37BHSS2Q???

We are new to this forum and would like to know about the Wildwood Travel Trailers with 2 Queen beds. I like the youtube video and website but reviews for Forest River has made us think twice. The dealer would be close so that is an advantage. We have a stationary 1994 Gulfstream Conquest that we bought at an RV park 5 years ago but need a newer and bigger trailer to keep at our wonderful RV park in MO. Is it going to fall apart? We won't be living there full time and won't be hauling it around. Any suggestions?
BobandRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandRo View Post
We are new to this forum and would like to know about the Wildwood Travel Trailers with 2 Queen beds. I like the youtube video and website but reviews for Forest River has made us think twice. The dealer would be close so that is an advantage. We have a stationary 1994 Gulfstream Conquest that we bought at an RV park 5 years ago but need a newer and bigger trailer to keep at our wonderful RV park in MO. Is it going to fall apart? We won't be living there full time and won't be hauling it around. Any suggestions?
You might read a few horror stories here and there but that can happen with any manufacturer. My past 3 trailers have been FR products (Rockwood pop-up, Wildwood TT and now a Sabre 5th wheel) and I’ve been very happy with them. Just a few minor problems that were easily fixed.

We are also in a permanent spot and only spend weekends in it. I think not hauling it around eliminates quite a bit of the wear and tear others experience. Don’t have to worry about things shifting around. No road debris. No worry about tire blow-outs.

You don’t hear as much from the owners that are perfectly content with their trailers versus the ones that are unhappy but we are out there.

Good luck and
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
You might read a few horror stories here and there but that can happen with any manufacturer. My past 3 trailers have been FR products (Rockwood pop-up, Wildwood TT and now a Sabre 5th wheel) and I’ve been very happy with them. Just a few minor problems that were easily fixed.

We are also in a permanent spot and only spend weekends in it. I think not hauling it around eliminates quite a bit of the wear and tear others experience. Don’t have to worry about things shifting around. No road debris. No worry about tire blow-outs.

You don’t hear as much from the owners that are perfectly content with their trailers versus the ones that are unhappy but we are out there.

Good luck and
DITTO.
While there are problems out there, and it seems to be highlighted by the amount of posts on forums, generally I agree that most "happy campers" don't post about their good experience with FR. There is a post on the forum (Good Reviews Please), still active I believe. that asks for happy FR owners to post.

A good reputable dealer and a thorough pdi are your best first steps to a satisfying experience, no matter what brand or manufacturer.

Forest River Forums> Fifth Wheels | Travel Trailers | Ultra Lites> General Travel Trailer & Fifth Wheel Discussion> Salem Good Reviews Please
Forest River Forums> Fifth Wheels | Travel Trailers | Ultra Lites> General Travel Trailer & Fifth Wheel Discussion> Salem Good Reviews Please
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Here's another one.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ere-76034.html
Old 07-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #5

This is Ro and I am in charge of research. Bob is very handy with fixing camper issues since we have had older models for years. We would like to buy new or late model this time with our local dealer that we haven't met yet. Do you think the sliding door would leak? We have a nice deck with a good view of the ponds so definitely want to stay at our current lot. Thanks for your help. We travel to our spot M-Th (to avoid lake crowds) several times a year.
BobandRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

We've had a wildwood x lite since March of this year. Five trips out so far and it's been great. Pretty rugged and well put together for being a hyper lite. I don't regret buying a forest river product, build quality seems to be on par with other trailed that I looked at in the size/weight range of mine.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandRo View Post
Do you think the sliding door would leak?
My in-laws have a trailer with a sliding door and have never had any leaking problems.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #8

Most of the people who post on forums have complaints and not that many post to say how wonderful
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer, wildwood