Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #1

Winnebago dealer says they’re better than Forest River.

I have mainly been looking at RVs on the Internet, so when I go to look at them, I have some idea what’s going on. I don’t have any Pursuit dealers near me. Prosser’s in Sturtevant, WI didn’t respond to an email and a phone call. Noble RV in Owatonna, MN, has been very responsive, so when I have time I’m going to go there. Both of them are 3 hours away.

I stopped at a Winnebago dealer who is near my daughter in La Crosse, WI. The salesman wasn’t in, but I spoke to the owner. I asked him if they had any floor plans similar to the Pursuit 31TS, with theater seats. He claimed Winnebago is the only manufacturer that makes it’s own components, and they’re way better then everyone else. And he didn’t think they had any theater seats, but I should ask the salesman when he’s in.

I looked at an entry level Class C called an Outlook. The driver’s seat was the worst I’ve seen in 30 years. I have a base model Chevy Sonic with better seats. I have had back surgery, so that MH is DOA.

The MB Viita seat was OK, the Class A Vista was OK. I really didn’t like any of the seats , except for the Adventurer, which is above my budget.

Anybody who has owned a Winnebago and a Pursuit, how does the quality, and ergonomics compare?
Ron750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #2

"winnebago is the only manufacturer that makes its own components."

I wouldn't give them (the dealer) my business based on this statement alone. They use the same off the shelf components from two suppliers that everyone else uses.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
"winnebago is the only manufacturer that makes its own components."

I wouldn't give them (the dealer) my business based on this statement alone. They use the same off the shelf components from two suppliers that everyone else uses.
Agreed. I’d want specifics. Sounds like a load of fish heads to me.

Tags
dealer, forest river