Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Winter Weather

Winter weather is coming up fast and here in the North/East we had some heavy snow falls (approx 46") in January and Febuary and this year i hear it is perdicted again, so i decided to keep from getting caught with my pants down again i bought a new toy. I do have a smaller snow blower but last year i did more shovel work then anything. The front of my house is in the North/West direction and i had 6' of snow on the garage door and my door is 7' tall.

If anyone needs a snow blower, now is the time to buy, Sears has them on sale, once the first snow flake falls they will be gone and if you do fined one you will pay a higher price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow blower.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	3932   Click image for larger version

Name:	snow blower#2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	3933  
__________________

__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
I'm just glad that here in Oklahoma we don't get enough snow to need one. A little salt and a little shoveling usually takes care of what ever we get.
__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 543
When we moved to KS we bought a snow blower & it worked very well - didn't get enough snow to use it. However last winter we couldn't say that. It is time to get it ready for use!
__________________
Everett & Joan after 60 years together. 2004 1/2 ton Chevy & 2011 Rockwood 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptypockets View Post
When we moved to KS we bought a snow blower & it worked very well - didn't get enough snow to use it. However last winter we couldn't say that. It is time to get it ready for use!
Same here, the snow we got last year is not normal. We build our house 30 years ago and now with both kids ready to leave the nest we what to down size and like a fool we are we are headed farther North to PA. The building lot we bought has a 175 foot side walk which we have to keep clear plus the driveway which i am enlarging when we build.

Two years ago i had the small snow blower ready for the Winter and filled the gas tank up, well guess what....NO SNOW.....when Spring came i move the snow blower to the shed at the end of the yard and forgot about the gas in the tank, when they call for all of that snow last Winter the snow blower had to go into the shop because of the gas....I will never do that again. Take it from me put gas in it at the last minute.
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Same here, the snow we got last year is not normal. We build our house 30 years ago and now with both kids ready to leave the nest we what to down size and like a fool we are we are headed farther North to PA. The building lot we bought has a 175 foot side walk which we have to keep clear plus the driveway which i am enlarging when we build.

Two years ago i had the small snow blower ready for the Winter and filled the gas tank up, well guess what....NO SNOW.....when Spring came i move the snow blower to the shed at the end of the yard and forgot about the gas in the tank, when they call for all of that snow last Winter the snow blower had to go into the shop because of the gas....I will never do that again. Take it from me put gas in it at the last minute.
I add stabilizer to the gas everytime I fill my gas cans. I always did put in the boat's tank, but several years ago I had to have my mowers, weed eater and chain saw worked on because of bad gas. I haven't had any problems since I started using the stabilizer.
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Wake, I hope to get a snow blower sometime in the next couple of weeks......my back can't take another winter like last season. I figure you can't go wrong buying 1 of those puppies. If it doesn't snow that is great. If it does snow, then we are prepared.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I add stabilizer to the gas everytime I fill my gas cans. I always did put in the boat's tank, but several years ago I had to have my mowers, weed eater and chain saw worked on because of bad gas. I haven't had any problems since I started using the stabilizer.
I normally run all of the gas out of my equipment before Winter, but what you do with the stabilizer is a good idea I may do this that way incase i get side tracked like the last time the repair shop will be the last place i will visit.
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Wake, I hope to get a snow blower sometime in the next couple of weeks......my back can't take another winter like last season. I figure you can't go wrong buying 1 of those puppies. If it doesn't snow that is great. If it does snow, then we are prepared.
Chap, that's the way i look at it, It's better to have and not need then to need and not have and can't get. I don't know what it's like where you live but if it is anything like my part of town, don't wait too long the first snow flake and a snow blower is just a dream.
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Itsthetwoofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Grand Ledge Mi
Posts: 586
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Winter weather is coming up fast and here in the North/East we had some heavy snow falls (approx 46") in January and Febuary and this year i hear it is perdicted again, so i decided to keep from getting caught with my pants down again i bought a new toy. I do have a smaller snow blower but last year i did more shovel work then anything. The front of my house is in the North/West direction and i had 6' of snow on the garage door and my door is 7' tall.

If anyone needs a snow blower, now is the time to buy, Sears has them on sale, once the first snow flake falls they will be gone and if you do fined one you will pay a higher price.
You might want to get some chains on those tires. I have one similar to your Sears model, and a set of chains really work well.
As soon as I leave for AZ my Son comes to my place a borrows my blower.
__________________
2011 Cedar Creek 36B2 ordered with outside kitchen removed and a nice big wardrobe in it's place.
Pulled with a 2011 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab and 8' box with a Hensley BD-3 Trailer Saver. F R O G members.

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
You might want to get some chains on those tires. I have one similar to your Sears model, and a set of chains really work well.
As soon as I leave for AZ my Son comes to my place a borrows my blower.
Itsthetwoofus, Thanks for the tip, i will look into it....
__________________

__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.