Old 10-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #1

winterize now or wait?

So I have a hunting trip coming up in late November. We took delivery of our new Shockwave toy hauler a while back and its been sitting in front of the house since then with a full tank of fresh water. The temps have been dipping into the 20s (Fahrenheit) the last few nights with daytime temps in the 50s to 60s. My conundrum is this; Do I go through the hassle of winterizing it now only to have to de-winterize it in 3 weeks and re-winterize it yet again after the hunting trip? Or will it be fine?
The trailer has the "arctic package" with the enclosed under body as well as heat strips for the plumbing. Would it be ok to sit in those overnight temps for the next few weeks with a full fresh water tank and not winterized? .......Or should I either winterize it or plug it in and keep it warm?

Forgive my newbness. This is our very first TT and we are completely green. I'm not sure just how forgiving these things are in cold weather and I'd rather be too worried than not worried at all and ruin something on our brand new trailer!

Old 10-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #2

As long as day temps hit upper 49ers and sunny, I wouldn't worry too much. But probably would set the furnace to 50 or so just to be safe. Or, place an electric heater inside and trust it to be enough without heating the underbelly.

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #3

Thanks for the input! Its been getting into the 50s and 60s during the days...so far. I think it stayed in the low 30s for the majority of last night.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700hauler View Post
Thanks for the input! Its been getting into the 50s and 60s during the days...so far. I think it stayed in the low 30s for the majority of last night.
AS long as the temp will not stay below freezing for day's on end, just put in a electric heater, but I would open the cabinet doors. When you get back it sounds like a cold area that you live in,:: I would do it then. Other wise I would take the Chance............
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #5

Thanks! You guys are making me feel better about it. I live in the high desert of Nevada. Hot during the summers and coooold in the winters! And 40+ degree variances between day and night during fall. It often drops below 0 degrees F in the winters here. So I will definitely be winterizing it as soon as I get back from the hunting trip!