Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #1

Winterize Question

Hello All
Just finished winterizing our new trailer for the first time and think I did OK. I do have one question, do I need to do anything with the city water inlet? I took the screen off but there is a check value in there and I can not get any antifreeze inside, when I try it just runs down the side of the trailer.
Any advise? Or just leave it?
Jamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #2

Sadly I did mine today too. Put it to bed for another winter. You don't need to do anything to the city water inlet. I just leave it alone.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
no, as long as you blew out the system, there will be nothing in there to worry about.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
If you winterized with antifreeze, you should winterize that connection as well. First, relieve the pressure on the line by opening a faucet. Go outside, remove that city water screen, and GENTLY press on the valve center until antifreeze comes out. Reinsert screen.

Just be careful when you GENTLY press in on the valve, because it can easily be thrown out of whack and leak. (and if you do, I'll post instructions for you to fix it...just say the word)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJollyMon View Post
If you winterized with antifreeze, you should winterize that connection as well. First, relieve the pressure on the line by opening a faucet. Go outside, remove that city water screen, and GENTLY press on the valve center until antifreeze comes out. Reinsert screen.

Just be careful when you GENTLY press in on the valve, because it can easily be thrown out of whack and leak. (and if you do, I'll post instructions for you to fix it...just say the word)
yep mine is gutted and i installed a bigger check valve inside..... in the warm areas of the basement.