Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #21

TST

I have the TST 507 system. Works great, my only complaint is not being able to see all the tires at the same time. It scrolls through the tires displaying temp and psi one at a time. Came with a color monitor and signal booster. Have it on a 41' 5th wheel.
High Country Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:11 PM   #22

I have TST 507 on my truck and fifth wheel. My 2012 Silverado did not come with a TPMS, the government said the 3500 was a commercial truck and GM didn’t install them on the truck. The Cedar Creek came from the factory with metal valve stems on the rims, the truck has rubber stems, they both work great. I have never had a problem with rubber or metal stems. Buy what you like and trust, just buy a TPMS, they work for me
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:28 PM   #23

I agree with buy what you like. I have the TST507 as well for the trailer.

It would show the tires before I started moving but due to a wireless temp sensor also transmitting it would stop when driving. The problem is it took an hour to know if you don't watch it. A repeater or shutting off the temp sensor resolved my problems but a bit unnerving. My problem is not limited to TST as I have found that all monitors fail to report missed or spotty transmissions for at least 30min based on research I did. The lesson I learned is don't wait for it to beep. Keep an eye on it whatever you buy.

Tst now includes the repeater in all their kits I am told.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:45 PM   #24

Subscribed .... thanks
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #25

I bought the Tire Minder system last year & it works very well. Comes with a repeater that I mounted under the front propane tank cover to help keep it out of the weather.
Wolf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #26
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post
Not sure why yours only operates over 15 miles per hour. I'd like to know before I pull out of my space if I've got a tire with a leak that lost all it's pressure during the night, week or month I was parked. Makes no sense to me to only be able to see that after I'm already moving.

It's a battery saving measure. If it detects no motion in the tires after a few minutes, it thinks you are parked and stops transmitting to preserve battery life. Once it detects motion, transmission will resume.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #27

TST 507 Color TPMS works great, two saves thus far in 15,000 miles.
Only here once - do it baby!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #28

I began driving when I was 16 yrs. old and I am 73 yrs. old now. I can count on one hand the number of flats I have had while driving, never a blowout. I have towed boat trailers for miles, travel trailer and 5th wheels all over the states. If you keep good tires on your vehicles and trailers, keep the tires aired to correct pressures, you do not need a tire pressure monitoring system. Chances of having a blowout is slim to none. However if you believe that monitoring your air pressure is going to set your mind free, by all means install a system and waste your dollars.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #29

piece of mind

It's good piece of mind. I've blown two tires in three years. First one was a 5 year old tire that I was replacing at the end of the year. Heard nothing, felt nothing. The only way I knew was somebody pulled beside me and pointed to the trailer. This was before I got the TST 507. Last year blew another. This time on a 1 year old camper. Sounded like a cannon going off and tore the under belly up pretty bad.
High Country Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #30

I have had similar experiences with Walholler, but the tires people are getting for trailers these days aren’t always what we use to get. I also owned a class 8 for 24 years. So I bought the system. Many new cars like my daughters SUV doesn’t have a spare, but when the run flat blew a hunk out of the sidewall it didn’t run flat, gave no warning, factory monitors are near useless just another government blunder.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #31

Bought a set for my triple axle a little over a year ago. They work great, with only some intermittent signal loss. Usually only for a few minutes on the rear axle from time to time. My TT with TV is 66’ and despite what they said about having to get a signal booster, they work fine. Note of caution... I parked my rv for a few months and went out and 4 of the six were dead. Called the manufacturer and she informed that when there is pressure on the sensors, it sends a signal constantly and will drain the batteries. To prevent this remove the sensors when parked for over a week. I replaced the batteries in all, followed their advice, and have had no issues. This is a MUST purchase if pulling a trailer...a couple of hundred dollars for peace of mind.
cltskybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltskybear View Post
Bought a set for my triple axle a little over a year ago. They work great, with only some intermittent signal loss. Usually only for a few minutes on the rear axle from time to time. My TT with TV is 66’ and despite what they same about having to get a signal booster, they work fine. Note of caution... I parked my rv for a few months and went out and 4 of the six were dead. Called the manufacturer and she informed that when there is pressure on the sensors, it sends a signal constantly and will drain the batteries. To prevent this remove the sensors when parked for over a week. I replaced the batteries in all, followed their advice, and have had no issues. This is a MUST purchase if pulling a trailer...a couple of hundred dollars for peace of mind.
What make/brand/model are you using??
TIA
vineyardmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #33

My TST 507 is piece of mind, never had a blowout but have had tires slowly going down. I’m very willing to spend my money for the piece of mind that my TPMS gives
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:39 PM   #34

I bought the Truck Systems Technology six pack. The model #TM-507SG. This is the first set I have ever owned so I can not compare them to other brands. I know they work great for me, but there may be better or worse ones out there. I also bought the Kobalt 120 volt air pump (about $50) and just plug it into the side of my RV. Love the pump as you just put it on the tire, type in desired pressure, and walk away. Very small so fits great in outer storage cabinet. Lastly, despite the leeriness of some, I traded my dealer “China Bombs” for Goodyear Endurance tires. Have about 12k through the mountains and have never experienced any tire issues. Good luck.
cltskybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
I have a TST 507 Color TPMS system and it works great. The rechargeable display lasts for MANY days of traveling, and it can handle more tires than you have on an 18 wheeler.
I have this one too, but I'm cheap so I bought the monochrome display. No problem with visibility of the display. Worked great from NY to Florida and back. Once or twice it lost communication with a sensor. All I had to do was turn the display off and on and it worked fine. Bought the regular sensors and NOT the flow though ones. Takes a few minutes to sync but not bad at all. Very happy with my system.
Bryan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #36

We have an EZ Tire monitor on our Flagstaff Vlite and are very pleased with its performance. The first trip with the original tires on the trailer it warned us of first on and then a second tire going down.
Old story of cheepass, under rated factory tires having to be replaced with something with the proper load range. The thing is it warned us before anything was damaged other than our pocket book for new tires.
dlambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #37

To the original OP. Your TPMS doesn’t come on till you drive about 15 miles. The sensors have to wake up before they start to display readings. Try turning the system on as soon as you get to your tow vehicle and let it warm up a bit while your getting ready to go. By the time you get in to drive to your destination it should be displaying tire pressure and temp.
Jim & peg. Jake the camper dog. RIP my friend. 01-11-2010 / 02-26-2020. 2018 flagstaff 8528ikws fifth wheel pushing 2014 f-150 eco-boost super crew. 2017 camped 14 weeks. 2018 4 months in texas. 2019 4 months in texas. 2019 21 days in michigan. 2019 2 months in arizona. 2020 4 months in arizona. U.S. Air Force Retired. 100% DAV
wanderer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:28 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDAWG View Post
We purchased the TPMS Solar Power Universal Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System from Amazon
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
and we are liking them quite well. Once charged the monitor lasts for more than a week when left in the dark. Of course when left on the dash, it charges all day long. We throw the monitor in the glove box when we are not towing and even after a month or two when we pull it out, it is fully charged.

All parts feel like quality, the directions are clear. We have factory TPMS on our TV and these on our 2018 34ft Coachman Freedom Express (Liberty Edition).
I bought this one and it was very easy to get set up but I am going to return it. The reason is that the highest you can set the high pressure threshold is 73 psi. My tires require 70 psi cold so my high pressure threshold should be 84 psi.
robbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:31 PM   #39

OK guys, question: So today I replaced the Load D tires that came on my trailer with 10 ply Load E tires. Really nice (Towmax). Chromed steel valve stems :-).

I am reading that trailer tires should be inflated to the maximum PSI listed on the tire. However, if you do that, and you buy a TPMS systems that either sets manually or automatically the high pressure threshold to 20% above the normal pressure, won't that alarm come too late?

So...... help understanding: what pressure, relative to the listed max on the tire, should I inflate my tires to? And ... how do I set my maximum psi threshold on my TPMS system? (TPMS system not yet purchased).

Thanks ............ Rob
robbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbecky View Post
OK guys, question: So today I replaced the Load D tires that came on my trailer with 10 ply Load E tires. Really nice (Towmax). Chromed steel valve stems :-).

I am reading that trailer tires should be inflated to the maximum PSI listed on the tire. However, if you do that, and you buy a TPMS systems that either sets manually or automatically the high pressure threshold to 20% above the normal pressure, won't that alarm come too late?

So...... help understanding: what pressure, relative to the listed max on the tire, should I inflate my tires to? And ... how do I set my maximum psi threshold on my TPMS system? (TPMS system not yet purchased).

Thanks ............ Rob
Personally I inflate to the cold pressure listed on the sidewall. If you went up a load range you can find a loading table and inflate to the maximum load for your rig or max sidewall pressure. The alarm is not late because your tires heat up and pressure goes above max cod pressure when they warm up. This is why it is cold pressure listed.

Either one works IMOP but why upgrade load range if you are going to possibly stress the tire if your purpose in going up a load range was to overcompensate. I dont feel like the ride would be that much different and I dont ride in the trailer anyway. If your reason for the load range upgrade was to improve your ride things would be different, but everyone has their reasons.

As far how you set the max pressure that completely changes based on your tpms. I have tst507 and this is what I do. https://youtu.be/k7ENxA58EtM I suggest googling the sensor you are considering and make sure that the pressures you require are supported because each TPMS has different limitations.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire, trailer