Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #1

"Wolf Pack Brochure"

Hi All,
Ok, i looked at the Wolf Pack Brochure and at the end where it has the Options and Features section it states FR recommends buying locally in your area and goes and says a bunch of stuff about servicing and blah blah blah. I have to tell you that this kind of makes me mad as heck. I am trying to nice language here. I bought our new (will be delivered to my home April 7th)2009 Wolf Pack from Cheyenne Camping Center in Iowa and it is about 7 hours from my home WHY would i do this??? Because for the same exact rig i saved a minimum $4000.00. Now i understand that most dealers will service my rig if i need it and i WILL STILL expect to be treated as any other paying customer and if i am not then it's simple i will take my business someplace else. Maybe if my local dealers would be a little more competitive with pricing instead of trying to gouge people i would buy local and for FR to state this B.S. in their brochure i really think is a STUPID move on their part. I really hope i haven't made a huge mistake buying a FR product, i guess only time and use will tell. Like i said, just had to vent a little.
Mark Danzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Site Team

don't be upset. it's pretty common issue. the closest a West Coast Rockwood Roo dealer got to the dealer in Chicago we bought from, was more than $4,000. and that's on a trailer that retails for only $20k. we were told by the 3 Roo dealers in our area that they wouldn't work on it, if we didn't buy from them.
so in the 2 years we've had it, FR has found other local dealers to do warranty work.
never a complaint from them either.
we would have paid an extra $1,000 to have a local dealer. but it wasn't worth $4,000 for that privilege.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #3

Thanks bikendan, it was good to hear your comments and i agree totally. We had a rockwood 282xrt for our last camper and actually just sold it about a month ago and are going to a wolf pack toy hauler. My Wife and i are looking so forward to getting a new rv it's a lot like a little kid in toy or candy section of a store. Thanks again for the reply, i appreciate it.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #4

I agree it is possible to find a local dealer to service your unit. Talk to the factory warranty person and they should be able to set you up with a local dealer. We went 700miles from Western NY to Michigan to get our '09 All American last year. Warranty work has been performed by Camping World and now another local FR dealer.
out4stlhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #5

Thanks

Thanks out4stlhed, good information that will be useful in the future. I appreciate the response.