Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #1

WOOT! Ready to go!!

Our TT is *almost* packed and ready to go. Waiting on BF to get home with the spare tire, door knob for the bathroom, some long Bic lighters and the TV. We will load the pass-through (once I know what he wants to take) and hit the road!

Thanks to ALL of you for your help. I don't know how we would've done this otherwise!

-Electrical- check
-Gas system- check
-Plumbing- check
-Appliances- check
-Awning- check
-Tires- check

I've got it packed with all our clothes, towels, dry food etc so all we will need to bring up on Weds is our perishables, the kids and the dog! Thanks to the exhaustive and comprehensive lists that are posted here!

It was a roller-coaster getting it all together. "Yeah, it works!" "No, it doesn't work". "What the heck is wrong with it?" "Oh, THAT'S what's wrong with it".

The thing that almost threw me over was the VERY last thing I checked, the shower. I turned it on and water came spraying out of the bottom of the faucet! Air in the line and it seems that there is a button to stop and start the water coming out of the shower head to help conserve usage. Very clever and practical yes? By the end of the day, it was enough to put me over the edge. Thank goodness I figured it out before I blew my own gasket! LOL

I feel confident that we know the how's and why's of our TT and can't WAIT to go camping!!

Thanks again!!
SoggyGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #2

Now the fun starts on your trip

Its a learning for experience for us as well, we're new to RVing as well, our trip is this coming Friday.

Post some pictures of your trip, btw where are you headed?

Is this your maiden voyage?
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #3

We are camping near Canajoharie NY on a private farm owned by my BFs boss.

He and I went up last night..the TT towed like a DREAM! He said it pulls really nicely and was rock steady.

We got to the site and hooked everything up without an issue. Had dinner in town and decided to stay the night.

We drove back early this morning because he had to work but I'm packing the kids and the dog up and we are going this afternoon!! We are so excited!! He will join us up there tomorrow after work.

This is our first trip with the camper. I will take lots of pics! I tried to post some from my phone but I don't get signal up there!!

Vacation..here we come!! I should be back posting next Tuesday!

I also drooled over another camper's 2006 5th wheel. Whoa. He got the trailer and the truck (2005 big arse something to pull it with!) for 28k from a retiree who was moving down south.

This guy and his wife camped in a tent for YEARS!! Went from a cardboard box to the penthouse in one swell foop!!! LOL Lucky guy!!
SoggyGranola is offline   Reply With Quote