Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

Work and Play 30 WRS-Time to Vent

I recently bought a previously owned 2013 Forest River Work and Play 30 WRS. It was seven months old when I bought it and it had a few issues that I thought would be covered under warranty. I never thought about checking into this before signing on the dotted line. My bad, because Work and Play offered no help. Dewayne (aka Mr. Personality) at W&P told me the warranty would only be honored if I was the original owner. Hey Forest River, you guys ever heard of "Good Will?" This is my third RV and I've never heard this before. Evidently several RV companies have the same policy, so buyer beware.

No big deal, I'm just disappointed that a company like Forest River will not stand behind their product for ONE YEAR!! A huge thanks to Ultra Fab Products though, they replaced the bad electric jack, no questions asked.

I've had issues with the Dometic refrigerator and the A/C. The fridge has blown two resistors (recall item) and the A/C board (??) went out. Of course, fixed at my expense. I really like the RV, I just think their customer service sucks.

Ok, I feel better now.
Crew of 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #2

Hey the (Refer & A/C) have their (OWN) Warr. Go to the MFG. web war site and check on this! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
Broken Toe

So... You bought a used camper with issues, and you didn't bother to check if the warranty transferred, and now you are steamed at FR because they just don't fix the problems for you?

Hmm. I fail to see how FR is the bad guy here.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
Incheon, S. Korea

Youroo is right. You have a warranty from Dometic. The FR warranty is for the stuff they make. The frame and axles are most likely Lippert.
Just be glad that you didn't ship a trailer out of the U.S. like I did.
They know me by name, trust me. They also took care of me.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #5

youroo and Bigbaron: yes, I have checked with them and yes, they will stand behind their products.

Cowracer: I am venting and letting others know that a HUGE company like Forest River does not believe in their product enough to warranty it for one year...whether or not you are the original buyer. I looked and researched for quite some time before deciding on the W&P...it's the perfect RV for me, even with the issues I'm dealing with. Do these companies not have any pride in their craftsmanship anymore?

Isn't that the purpose of a public forum, to make others aware of potential headaches so they don't make the same mistake that I made?
Crew of 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew of 72 View Post
...Isn't that the purpose of a public forum, to make others aware of potential headaches so they don't make the same mistake that I made?
The dealer or whomever you bought it from should have told you the FR warranty was not transferable. A lot of products have non-transferable warranties. Take your unit to Goshen and see how FR DOES stand behind their products even if they are 10 yrs old and been thru' numerous owners.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:59 AM   #7

Save yourself some agrivation and take the trailer to a independent repair facility for Dometic and have the item fixed under item warranty. They should bill them directly and you should not have paid anything out of pocket.. You may find that the item warranty is actually longer than one year in some cases..

Even though your trailer is under a year old it's one of the problems of buying a used from a private party.

Did your rig come with the warranties for the individual items ie fridge, ac, furnace, converter, etc... Mine came with all the paper work and warranties for all the add on items..

Lets hope you don't have any more problems. I am going on 5 years and have had only one warranty issue related to a water leak in the shower that was repaired in the first year..
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, work and play