Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #1

World changing sewer hose?!?

Have seen start to gain some steam... Lots of adds being placed for this product. Saw a display at the tv show few weeks back. Sure it's a good idea but let's not fool ourselves. Still a sewer house and one that I can't store in my bumper. According the ad and manufacturer this is the biggest thing to happen to the rv in 50 years....I thought it was radial tires. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423956584.589303.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	69656

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #2

When I googled to find this hose i found one called drain master that looks the same.

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Lippert introduced it at the Goshen Rally last year. If you want to know more ask BamaBob, I know he's got one.

It's a interesting concept but the lack of extensions worries me.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Lippert introduced it at the Goshen Rally last year. If you want to know more ask BamaBob, I know he's got one.

It's a interesting concept but the lack of extensions worries me.

x's 2 seen it last year in Goshen. Kinda of thought it was to big to store all the time...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Love the "Big Movement" caption.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Bama Bob has first hand experience with one. He won one in the draw at Goshen last summer..
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
I have a "sewer Solutions" system and it works great and extensions are available. Dont Know anything about the "Waste Master"
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #8

If the movement is too big it ain't goin out that line.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillontheroad View Post
I have a "sewer Solutions" system and it works great and extensions are available. Dont Know anything about the "Waste Master"
Reads like some character in an apocalyptic movie.....
Old 02-15-2015, 01:22 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
That is the "nice" part about the "sewer solution" system. The water pressure connection pulverizes the waste (no matter how big) and drives it down the hose. Also depending on your water pressure, it can litterly pump up hill a bit.
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #11

We also have a Sewer Solution system and it works great. Easy to clean-up since when finished dumping all you have is clean water going through the hose. We still carry a "stinky slinky" in case we have to use a dump station.
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillontheroad View Post

Will the sewer solution fit in the bumper storage? Have you ever had to use the extension?
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #13

The basic sewer solution comes with a 10' hose. We purchased the 10' extension and always keep it attached to the basic solution just in case I need it. I don't think it will fit in the bumper storage, but since the hose is clean when you are finished dumping, you don't have to worry about odor or waste. I just coil it up into a bucket and put in my storage area. I use my bumper storage for the coil type hose which I still carry. You can see a video on it at their web site.
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:20 PM   #14

I'll join the sideline conversation with my input on the Sewer Solution. I have one of the original models, and have used it for two campers now. However, I've come to only use it when dumping/flushing at home. I personally just like the speed/convenience of our RhinoFlex slinky setup at the CG, especially with 3 tanks and two connections. Plus I subscribe to holding tanks being just that - holding tanks - and don't try to set up a septic-like digesting environments in them. So, we use the toilet chemicals, lots of water during use, and dump full tank on exit with a couple of flushes via the tank flush and then 5 gallons of water and toilet chemical ready for road use and/or next trip.

However, at home dumping requires 60' of pushing from the driveway to our cleanout, and the SS does an awesome job! Instead of extension hose, I just use lengths of 1" PVC pipe with friction fit couplings and a couple elbows. The few times I used it at the CG, I actually just carried 20' worth of PVC pipe with me in the bumper in lengths that varied from 8' to 2' for whatever I needed to make a connection work.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #15

I watched the Sewer Solution video. It doesn't seem to very "water friendly." You need to use many gallons of water just to "pump" the stuff into the CG sewer connection. Any stinky slinky will do it strictly by gravity. The device itself doesn't do anything with respect to getting the stuff out of the black tank; it's still flowing out of the tank pretty much by gravity (and as mentioned above, a lot faster with a slinky). And you still need to rinse your black tank, so it doesn't really help with that.

Saying that the Sewer Solution hose is "clean" is pretty far-fetched. I don't believe it's really any cleaner than a stinky slinky after you've dumped your gray tank, especially if you've got one of those 45 deg fittings with the hose connection where you can "rinse" the slinky a bit.

Frankly, I can't understand what problem it's trying to solve.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I watched the Sewer Solution video. It doesn't seem to very "water friendly." You need to use many gallons of water just to "pump" the stuff into the CG sewer connection. Any stinky slinky will do it strictly by gravity. The device itself doesn't do anything with respect to getting the stuff out of the black tank; it's still flowing out of the tank pretty much by gravity (and as mentioned above, a lot faster with a slinky). And you still need to rinse your black tank, so it doesn't really help with that.

Saying that the Sewer Solution hose is "clean" is pretty far-fetched. I don't believe it's really any cleaner than a stinky slinky after you've dumped your gray tank, especially if you've got one of those 45 deg fittings with the hose connection where you can "rinse" the slinky a bit.

Frankly, I can't understand what problem it's trying to solve.
Actually, you can swivel the nozzle, and as long as you have a nearly straight shot from dump valve into the blank tank, it will flush the tank. Where you don't have a straight shot, you can at least backfill the tank until the head of water is overcome by gravity.

It *can* be cleaner depending on how a camper deals with a stinky slinky because the SS hose is smooth-wall and doesn't hold paper and with the water running it flows pressured. A stinky slinky is corrugated because of the slinky so it can hold onto waste and paper and if you rinse it in-place you'll never achieve pressured flow. Either way, it's subjective, but personal experience via the old olefactory detection finds my SS never to have any odor as it's stored in the garage in some infernal heat! However, I also have city potable water and the disinfectant in it surely cleans the SS as well!

Finally, the SS intended solution was really with the older rigs where the sewer connection practically drug on the ground so you'd never get positive slope for gravity drainage, and for those CGs where the sewer inlet has to be at a height above floodplain. You may note these in CGs with riverfront sites right on the river's floodplain. Some of our favorite CGs are this way and the sewer connection is 18" above the ground! SS certainly worked there for us, but I just choose to dump at the station on the way out of those now.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #17

Hmmm,

Hot is on the left, **** roles down hill, don't bite your fingernails.
That's what grandpa taught me about plumbing and it still holds true.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #18
ARLO

I'll stick with my Rhino setup. It works just fine.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #19

Sewer solution has a great rep and works good for me for the last 5 yrs.
Slugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #20

I've got to put in my two cents worth about the Sewer Solution. We got our first trailer May 2013, plus spent over 200 days in 2014 in our Micro Lite 21DS and have never used slinky. Discovered SS a few weeks before going to pickup our 1st trailer and was sold on it immediately. Rockfordroo said "Any stinky slinky will do it strictly by gravity", that's the problem with slinky, you must always have gravity flow. Slinky can NOT flow up hill 1/4". We've been in a campground where the sewer pipe was 10" out of the ground, slinky would've been laying on the ground from the trailer to the pipe and then lifted up the 10" creating a very long "p" trap situation. When we are leaving for home, I empty my tanks, then put a couple cups of detergent w/about 3 gal. water to slosh and clean the black tank on the trip home and then clean again when we get home. The closest I can get to my septic tank clean-out is 40' away and it's 2' higher than the trailer tanks. Slinky would never/could never do that, he would run and hide if I asked him to, Mr. SS smiles and says "sure thang, boss". About the SS using a great deal of water, that is a very small jet spray, so even if it takes 3 or four minutes to empty the black tank, you haven't used much water. We leave our gray tank open full time when we are hooked up, because we don't need the gray water to clean the black water out of slinky. I think most folks who have negative comments about SS have never used one. That's my 2 cents worth about the Sewer Solution, but its from someone who HAS and DOES use one. I "don't leave home without it"
fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote