Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2013, 01:52 AM   #91
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Yes I would

TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #92
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Another thing that amazes me is that *so* many FR owner know nothing about this forum.

We've had a mostly empty park until today....35 space park, with about 12 RVs..tonight there's no vacancy....I'd say 90% are FR...and I've been spreading the word about this awesome resource.
Even less know about (FROG) & the 150.00$ second year Warr. Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:44 AM   #93
There years ago the DW and I went to a local RV show just to have a night out together and certainly not intending to buy a motor home. We had a great tent trailer which we both loved. At the show, a 2860 Sunseeker was the first unit we walked through. We ooooh'ed and awe'd for a few minutes then started listening to one of the staff describe some of the features of it to some other folks. We both fell head over heels in love with the coach. Two hours later and after the dealer did some serious pencil sharpening, we became FR customers. While the paperwork was processing, we then got a chance to wander through the show. We did a lot of comparing which only helped solidify our decision. We worked a few bugs out all under warranty and after 3 years we are as happy as the day we drove it off the lot. Would we buy FR again? You bet in a heart beat!
Sportracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #94
Not only would we, we did. Sold our 2010 Puma 29RKSS, and bought a 2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS. All manufacturers strive for quality products, some do a bit better than others. Some of my buying decisions are based on the dealer experience and their history with each brand they offer, as well as service after the sale. I spent a career overseeing businesses engaged in manufacturing, and for me, the initial 'walk through', and impressions with initial build quality, speaks volumes. Attention to detail: Something that is evident, either as a positive or negative. Stoves, refrigerators, audio and visual equipment, air conditioners, furnaces, and bathroom fixtures; pretty much all comes from a handful of reputable suppliers, well known and long established in the industry. It's the 'unique' aspects of a unit that reflect the builder's capabilities, and that's what I look for. As consumers, we sometimes get too hung up on brand names, and fail to consider other alternatives.

Brand loyalty? With a Ford, a Chevy, and a Dodge titled to us (and owners of all three brands . . . at the same time . . . for the past 12 years), we have little affiliation with brand loyalty, whether it's a vehicle, or something else. More important, by far, is how the product performs for us, as well as the past experiences of others. That's one reason this forum is such a great place.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #95
Fred and Carol
Firest River Products

Forest River products = 100%. Have a 2013 Sanibel fifthie and love it
Fred and Carol Young
Brighton, Mi.
FCcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #96
I would and have. Started with a 2012 Surveyor Sport 295 and now have a 2014 Surveyor Select 305. We are very happy customers.

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #97
I agree with Herk. I will keep mine until I can't drive it anymore.

That said, I WOULD buy another FR if I were to need one. I know people with Winnebago, Holiday Ramblers, Itasca and Newmar. Every body has problems.

The difference is that Forest River stands behind their product.

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #98
nope, my unit has more miles back and forth to the dealer then we have camped with it.. not just hard parts, quality is not included in my unit . should of figured that out before we signed the papework
2012 Wildcat 344QB

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #99
This is my third FR trailer and I would definitely buy another. Sure we had some issues with each trailer but overall they were all great trailers. What I think people forget is that they invested in a house and a vehicle when they buy a trailer or motorhome. Build a new house and I bet there will be issues. Build a house on wheels that gets shaken around for thousands of miles you will have more issues. It seems I fix less things on my trailer then on my house and the trailer has pretty much the same components, if not more, if you add in the vehicle components.
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #100
Yes. We've had some issues but Forrest River as well as the dealer have been very good to work with. I think I would even buy the same unit.

Jim, Julie and Rags the boss.
2015 Dodge CTD 3500 Bighorn pulling 2014 Wildcat 317RL. Life is good when spent with family and friends.
jeepman71 is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river