Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS AGAIN/ARE YOU HAPPY WITH QUALITY?
YES, CHOOSE FOREST RIVER AGAIN 415 81.69%
NO, NOT CHOOSE AGAIN 34 6.69%
NO EXTREMELY DISATISFIED, 29 5.71%
YES BUT NEEDED TO PUSH FOR MANY REPAIRS 30 5.91%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #241

We had a 2001 Cardinal 25LXDS for 12 years. It was a wonderful 5th wheel. We pulled it from the Rockies to Bar Harbor & Canada to Florida. Unfortunately it was getting up there in age and, although there was nothing wrong with it, we decided to trade it in and bought a 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE this past February. We stayed in the Silverback for our last month in Florida and returned to MI just 2 weeks ago. A couple of minor problems, but overall it has been a very nice unit. Additionally, it pulled very well. We took a side trip over to Pine Mt., GA and up through TN via I-24 and it was a nice pull through the large hills.
Parrothead Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:41 PM   #242

Wish we had stayed with Forest River. As of last month, we now own a Jayco Greyhawk Class C. I like the 2-year warranty (biggest reason for our purchase), but Jayco design, craftsmanship, and QC are not on par with our FR Crusader 5th wheel.
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Wish we had stayed with Forest River. As of last month, we now own a Jayco Greyhawk Class C. I like the 2-year warranty (biggest reason for our purchase), but Jayco design, craftsmanship, and QC are not on par with our FR Crusader 5th wheel.

Jayco Class C’s are in line price and quality with their comparable Forest River brands. A little more expensive, but well worth it from a quality standpoint are Winnebago and Itasca.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:02 PM   #244

Best In Show

My 2014 Berkshire 390RB-40 won BIS at local Car & RV Show. Not many people know the Forest River brand in West Texas. Lot of show goers felt it had a high price point due to a lot of amenities, i.e. water manifold, water heater, and Beautiful décor. Craftsmanship drew a lot of attention as well. DW&I looked a long time to find the "ONE". Berkshire by Forest River won out. I have had good used DMH to get started, a new 5er, a used Gasser, and the Berkshire is the keeper. I have a Great Dealer in Lubbock, TX that goes above and beyond to make sure DW is Happy!

Sand dog, Red, & 4 Yorkies
Sand dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #245

I've had mine for 6 days. I love it.
I don't need another one right now, but maybe in a few years.
Gleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:04 AM   #246

I'd consider another FR product as long as I can purchase and have any work on it done by a different dealer.
KenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #247

We started in a Forest River Rockwood pop up. We purchased a 2015 Forest River Wildwood 29QBDS in December and we love it! We've taken it out every weekend except for one since purchasing it. The only problem we've had is the LED light strip under the awning had 3 lights that went out…and the dealership quickly replaced them. So, yes I'd buy another Forest River!
Soonermikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:45 PM   #248

Interesting question. Really considered a Jayco but ultimately it was the floor plan/storage that sold us on our 8528RKWS. Would do it again in a heartbeat! Just love it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Richard McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #249
Love My Sunseeker

I'm on my FOURTH Forest River Sunseeker, so I guess I'm sold and loyal to Forest River.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #250

I've had a Rockwood 2109S TT and a 8282WS 5er; but when it was time to go motorized, I got a Jayco Precept. Jayco put way more extras into their coach for the money than anyone else in that price range, and so far the 2 year warranty is stellar. Outstanding Customer Support without having to involve the dealer; which is always a plus...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #251
Anacortesians

In 2010, we bought a 2002 Georgetown Class A from the original owners. Based on our 4 years with it, I would not buy FR again.

We have no experience with other makes, so maybe our issues are typical. I had to do some rework of the overhead cabinets in the dinette after a water ingestion problem cause by a rotted-out topper. As an engineer, I was not happy with the slap-dash way it was built.

The cabinets were about a 12' long assembly attached to the roof of the living room slide. I was amazed to find that the attachment to the ceiling of the slide was by wood-screws into the Lauan plywood skin of the ceiling insulation. There were no attachments to structure, despite there being two square steel tubes running the length of the slide-out's ceiling, embedded in the insulation. My replacement cabinets were anchored to those tubes!

I also go the impression that the electrical wiring installation at the factory was very loosely controlled. I had some electrical issues and found no correlation between wire colors and function in the house wiring. It looked like the installers had used whatever came to hand on the shop floor.

We're out of the RV lifestyle now (too old, not enough funds), and have only had that one (fairly) recent model Class A from FR (our previous was an '85 of dubious parentage). but I'd be very reluctant to consider another FR product. I don't know if the issues I came across are typical of other manufacturers. After almost 30 years in the aerospace industry, maybe I expect too much quality control in other vehicle industries.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #252

Love our Sunseeker. Best class c available.
rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:33 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
After almost 30 years in the aerospace industry, maybe I expect too much quality control in other vehicle industries.
It can be a curse. With 33 years in aerospace manufacturing, I feel exactly the same way. Yes, it's not a big deal to drag a shopvac out to vacuum all the sawdust, screws, clamps, nuts left behind but it speaks volumes about pride in workmanship and quality control.

That being said, we love the layout of our 28RKX and there hasn't been anything so far that I couldn't "fix" to my standards.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #254

There don't seam to be anything wrong with my CC 38FL but the dealer is another matter.FR will work with you .dealer don't want to .give you a song and dance.
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire1946 View Post
There don't seam to be anything wrong with my CC 38FL but the dealer is another matter.FR will work with you .dealer don't want to .give you a song and dance.
Yes, Yes, yes! Would buy again but not from my dealer.

That should have been another choice in the survey for this thread. Would you buy Forest River but only from another dealer. The starter of this thread missed it.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire1946 View Post
Hi from another Delaware member and Cedar Creek owner, what dealer maybe I can help with another option.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #257

We have an Aviator Wright Flyer 2013 and wouldn't take twice as much for it as we paid. Did we have problems up front? Sure we did, like you will with any and all RVs, but FR fixed the two main problems and I fixed the petty things.
We are total solar now and our only problem is getting out of Dodge long enough to use it. A great unit! Would I buy another FR product, you bet I would. I've owned 4 other brands, so I have some experience to judge from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums Retired Army Pathfinder Vietnam vet.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #258

how about a maybe
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #259

Forest River

Would we buy another Forest River product? In a heartbeat!! We've had a Cedar Creek, a Georgetown, and now a Forester. Quality issues (no matter what brand) are the norm for the most part, so get used to it. Yes, it's disturbing, but it's as good as it gets. Considering the enormous amount of activity on this forum, people are watching and listening, and FR certainly can't be blind.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #260

Had ours for one year, minor repairs but have noticed a few things that I think are going to be problems, maybe big problems. First off, I was inspecting the roof, and the roof is loose, the plywood is loose at the seams and the rubber is not secure, causing bubbles in it. Second, I think the frame flex is more than "normal" to me, the gap in the trim at the front is about 1/8" when unhooked vs hooked up to the truck. I have built many trailers and custom equipment and know that flex is good and is needed, but it has to be in the correct location. Third I just found out that one slide is wearing on the bottom side. I love the 5er and have done many mods to make it our "own" but I would definately look at other construction designs if I was to buy another one, but we really fell in love with a Sanibel, I guess it's the luck of the draw. I have read many horror stories and some people just got a "good" one.

Tags
forest river