Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #151
Yes I would buy another Forest River, we have only had our for almost 6 months and we love it. We have had other brands and compared to the problems we had with the others Forest River is by far a much better manufacturer, the only problems we have had is the microwave and the table had to be replaced that's it (paint touch up don't count).

Pennie and Chuck, Mandi and Polly (the little dogs)
2014 Georgetown XL378, 2013 Honda CR-V AWD Toad
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 49 and counting

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #152
CLASS "A" Senior Member
It would depend on whether or not the layout was what we were looking for and how great a deal it is. I would also need to see that there has been a significant change when it comes to quality control. Otherwise most likely NO, the main reason would be when I had a problem with the electric in my coach they couldn't tell me where the junction boxes were. They had no idea where to tell me to look. Instead of information, I got, "It Might Be Here". We could have had a disasterous situation with an electric short in the same area where the fill tube for the gas tank is. Quality control appeared non-existant when we made our purchase. The number of items on my punchout list was over 35 items. From an oval mirror tilted toward 11 o'clock to the raw cut wood on the medicine cabinet. It was obvious that no one walked my coach before it left the building. I saw it as soon as I walked in. To me when a company doesn't survey it's customer about whether or not they are satisfied shows they are only numbers driven. How do you find out where your problems are when you don't ask. I repaired or replaced the majority of items myself. When I look back at the number of changes for warranty contacts I have more than 12 names and numbers in less than 8 years. Hopefully they will improve for their future customers but I don't see me being one.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #153
I have a 205 minilite that I have had the normal small problems that are due to lack of QC but still am ver satisfied with it .The only question is why in the world does it need 2 doors, wast if space. I had a 40 ft. Motor home 1 door , and a 35 ft fithwheel 1 door????

Sent from my iPad using Forest River ForumskR
weatherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #154
If Allstate Insurance will finally accept the paperwork and total our poor '07 Surveyor, YES we will be buying another Forest river product. Sadly it wont be another Surveyor because the local dealer closed 4 years ago. But we are looking at a new Coachmen.
bamasurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #155
After the punch list of issues, all pretty small but numerous, the incompetence of the only local dealer and the recent failure of my fresh tank framework (My fault, but a poor design overall) I think I'll pass on FR next time around.

I do love my camper, and I don't quite regret my purchase yet, but can't see me coming back for more.

Edit to add- I also have a problem with FR customer service, as in there's no easy way to contact them. I tried to contact them regarding the issues I've had getting warranty work done and the fact that I took it in July 23rd and to this day ordered parts STILL aren't in. I'm stuck working with my dealer which does nothing but roadblock me.
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #156
Site Team
I'll start right off by saying that I didn't read the first 150 posts in this thread, so please forgive me if I'm repeating somebody.

In our case, I can definitely see sticking with the FR brands. When we first started out I was looking for any brand in a layout/weight and price where I wanted to be. Our dealer, who carries more than just FR, finally came through with our Flagstaff. It had everything we wanted (at that time), was light enough for my 1/2 ton and most importantly, was priced where we could afford it. Still, that's not what set them apart. It's just how we ended up with a FR.

What really sold it for me though was going to the Frog Rally in Goshen last August. Seeing the way FR stood behind their products, and what lengths they were willing to take to make sure everyone was happy is what I liked. That's why I'd stick with an FR brand next time.

It's not because they built the best units. I'd say they're on par with everyone else in that regard. It's not because they have the best floor plans. Again, they're on par with everyone else. I like my dealer, but he does more than just FR, so it's not because of that. Nope, it's solely because the rally showed me what kind of customer service FR has.
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #157
Yes I would.
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #158
Have had three FR products & was pleased with all of them. Would absolutely buy FR again. Haven't seen anything that compares quality wise except maybe a 3 million dollar Prevost.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #159
Site Team
Already did.
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #160
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
YES!!!! I would.