Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS AGAIN/ARE YOU HAPPY WITH QUALITY?
YES, CHOOSE FOREST RIVER AGAIN 415 81.69%
NO, NOT CHOOSE AGAIN 34 6.69%
NO EXTREMELY DISATISFIED, 29 5.71%
YES BUT NEEDED TO PUSH FOR MANY REPAIRS 30 5.91%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #261

Crusader, did you get the roof fixed under warranty, and if not, at least brought it to the attention of your dealer or FR. F and E Damp, your Georgetown was not a Forest River product back in 2002. Like so many companies in the industry, the original GT went belly up in the mid 2000's. When you look at how many name plates are now under the Forest River Corp. I think a little research might be due to find out how long a particular name/brand have been taken over by FR. They like all RV mfg's. have their share of quality control problems across their entire lineup, but I don't know if Forest River's issues are any worse or better than industry average. I still think the U.S. RV industry as a whole needs foreign competition to shake them up just as the U.S. auto industry needed or Harley Davidson with motorcycles.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:32 PM   #262

I would buy an FR product again

I also agree that foreign competition would help, as US auto mfgr git their asses kicked by Japanese auto mfgr.

But sadly, only in North America is gas price so cheap, compared to the rest of the world, we will never see foreign competition in RVs, well any RV over 20ft. No market outside North America.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:03 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusadernoob View Post
Had ours for one year, minor repairs but have noticed a few things that I think are going to be problems, maybe big problems. First off, I was inspecting the roof, and the roof is loose, the plywood is loose at the seams and the rubber is not secure, causing bubbles in it. Second, I think the frame flex is more than "normal" to me, the gap in the trim at the front is about 1/8" when unhooked vs hooked up to the truck. I have built many trailers and custom equipment and know that flex is good and is needed, but it has to be in the correct location. Third I just found out that one slide is wearing on the bottom side. I love the 5er and have done many mods to make it our "own" but I would definately look at other construction designs if I was to buy another one, but we really fell in love with a Sanibel, I guess it's the luck of the draw. I have read many horror stories and some people just got a "good" one.
I can help you with the trim problem a very easy fix. I had the same thing exactly happen to me. You have to pull the rubber center out that covers the screws. Remove them and use 4" long screws (like decking) Then you screw it in on and angle. and reinstall the rubber strip. I watch the factory do it on mine 2 years ago I no longer have that problem. Hope that helps you with atleast one problem.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river