Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #201
Probably not, first because I bought this to be the last one if problems will fix if I can. But it is like cars I have had so many different ones why not try something else. Only loyal to what works right now. If I need to ride all they way to Goshen to get it fixed, time for it to go. To be with others and have a good time is one thing but if the long ride is the only to get something repaired that should have been done right the first time well I will find someone to sell it to who wants to ride and do that so it does have a good selling point take to Goshen and get repaired for free. Other wise I am satisfied with the TT for now and hopefully for ever.

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Diesel
2014 Rockwood 2608WS
Big Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:44 AM   #202
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
It depends on which system you have? I have an hydraulic ram at one end and two racks and pinion with a rod (square tubing) between them. I had a problem with the channel bowing up and letting it jump teeth and go off to one side, and then the slide would have a gap on the far end(in it would stick outside 3"and out it was in 5") I could see the ground when it was out. After 4 month fighting with both Lippert and FR, I finality got a answer from lippert on how to fix it. I will not go in to it right now, but if you are having the same problem, I will go through and tell you what has to be done, it is a long process.
Well I'm glad to hear yours is fixed even if you had to do it yourself, mine are electrical so thanks anyway... no hydraulics involed I will see what the repair people will do I dropped it off yesterday, but not to a FR dealer. These people build and install custom stuff for RV'S, and also repair big farm equipment.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #203
I would consider other brands first. Then maybe ForestRiver. I had warranty problems with ForestRiver. They did take care of me this time. Albany RV, in Albany NY was the big problem. Never go to them.
VetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #204
yes i would and have just made a deal to trade our 2008 wolf pack toy hauler for a 2012 wild cat sterling 32RL what a change this will be, picking it up next tuesday and we may have a heat wave next week into the 60's looking to get out at least one more for the season
2012 wildcat sterling 32RL
2013 3500HD DRW Silverado Duramax
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #205
I've also had some major issues, but FR fixes them and helped me find a better dealer. I also would shop next on price, my local dealer wasn't worth a nickel. But the one who did the repairs is a few miles further and glad to have my service business. But in the end if there were features on some other brand I like better, I would move over.
rocrider50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #206
Your poll needs a "maybe" button. That's where we're at. We bought a GT 325, at 8 years old, from the original owners and have had it 4 years/6000 miles.

There are several things we aren't wildly fond of, but overall, it's been fairly good. We're getting out of the lifestyle because of running costs and age-related personal declines.

If we were back 4 years ago, we'd probably buy the rig again, but if we were able to buy new, I think we'd be looking elsewhere.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #207
Yes , I would buy another FR rig. I have been fighting a ongoing water leak and after numerous trips to dealership and a trip back to the factory to replace side walls and roof.
FR builds the shell, the rest is outsourced. That being said. FR has issues with the assembly line. But FR will correct / fix the issues at their cost.
some people are fortunate to no issues or minor issues and then there are the rigs that are questionable
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #208
I just bought another Forest River Product. 2014 Prime Time Avenger 27RLS Touring Edition.
bamasurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #209
Just fix everything you can, and don't sweat the small stuff. Spent 3 hrs under mine replacing the rubber foam they use. Made my experience better. This is a hobby, enjoy. Taking it to a dealer only brings anxiety, and you will always complain. Wife and I installed a slide-out cover and a ladder. Enjoy and improve your RV. We've had 5 and they are all good, just need improving.
greyhumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #210
I'm pretty happy -- minor issue handled promptly. I would definitely buy another.

John and Linda
2016 Rockwood 2604WS
2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
2015 - 36 nights
2016 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river